Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Style: Pondering That Leopard Print

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 44 Replies

I have mentioned here (so many times I've lost count) that my daughter is obsessed with cats...all kinds. Lately, as we have been walking through the streets and passing by all of the store windows featuring fall clothes, the gorgeous colors, and the cozy knits. The kiddo has been squealing on almost every block because of what she sees.

Leopard print.

Okay, sure, it could be cheetah print, but she prefers to call it leopard for some reason. I've seen cute cardis at JCrew and Old Navy, scarves at Zara, even shoes at Gap. Kiddo says "You would look just gorgeous, Mama!" in a leopard print sweater. I am not so sure...

What do we think about it? It was around last fall as well and seems to be even more abundant this year. Is animal print hanging around for good? I'm heading to some Fashion Week events this week, so I'll let you know if the trend keeps on, but the fact it has lasted for two seasons now makes me think it is more than a trend. Now, I definitely wouldn't wear it head-to-toe, but I could see purchasing maybe a cute tote or pair of socks.

The kicker? It isn't just mommy-size clothes - the animal print fad has dribbled down to kid's clothes too. And yes, I did buy her a pair of leggings and a cardigan with strict instruction she can't wear them at the same time.

Do you (or your kids) own anything in animal print? Do you like it -- is it now more than a trend? 

©iStockphoto.com/eurobanks 

by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bxmommy2be
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 12:02 AM
We don't own any at the moment. I think its cute I would buy my daughter leopard print pants or a shirt, same with me. I just would go leopard crazy lol

Kainalu55
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 12:52 AM

i like animal print!!

MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 1:48 AM

I have a black and white version long-sleeved shirt and faux fur collar sweater though for my almost 5 yr old.  I have a multi-colored leopard print long-sleeved shirt for my almost 3 yr old.  I am just not a fan of it in the actual leopard color print say on a bathing suit for a young child.

JerseyGirl511
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Don't have any animal print.  Not sure I would wear anything with animal print.

Fields456
by Silver Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 1:56 AM
I had a pair of leopard print pants in high school I loved them It was really popular then which was like 12 years ago
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
falling.rayn
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 2:34 AM

Z is heavily into zebra which is a no brainer. She just got her whole school supply list in zebra print. Even her shoes are zebra.  

annaica
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 2:35 AM
I love animal prints if used tastefully AND if they're not real!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rushn311
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 3:17 AM

My daughter's room is zebra.

elasmimi
by Ruby Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 6:08 AM

I would love it for my dd, not so much for me.

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Sep. 5, 2012 at 7:18 AM

I don't care for it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN