Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Style: Pondering That Leopard Print

Posted by   + Show Post

I have mentioned here (so many times I've lost count) that my daughter is obsessed with cats...all kinds. Lately, as we have been walking through the streets and passing by all of the store windows featuring fall clothes, the gorgeous colors, and the cozy knits. The kiddo has been squealing on almost every block because of what she sees.

Leopard print.

Okay, sure, it could be cheetah print, but she prefers to call it leopard for some reason. I've seen cute cardis at JCrew and Old Navy, scarves at Zara, even shoes at Gap. Kiddo says "You would look just gorgeous, Mama!" in a leopard print sweater. I am not so sure...

What do we think about it? It was around last fall as well and seems to be even more abundant this year. Is animal print hanging around for good? I'm heading to some Fashion Week events this week, so I'll let you know if the trend keeps on, but the fact it has lasted for two seasons now makes me think it is more than a trend. Now, I definitely wouldn't wear it head-to-toe, but I could see purchasing maybe a cute tote or pair of socks.

The kicker? It isn't just mommy-size clothes - the animal print fad has dribbled down to kid's clothes too. And yes, I did buy her a pair of leggings and a cardigan with strict instruction she can't wear them at the same time.

Do you (or your kids) own anything in animal print? Do you like it -- is it now more than a trend? 

ŠiStockphoto.com/eurobanks 

by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (41-44):
Threes.Company
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 1:18 PM
I'm not really a fan. DDs has had a couple things in the past, but I didn't buy them. I wouldn't wear it myself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Samanthamommy
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 2:15 PM

cute

Leelee1008
by Alicia on Sep. 10, 2012 at 5:24 PM

NO I strongly detest all animal print and so does DH.

teesoloca
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 12:22 AM

i do not care for animal print

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN