Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Home: How Many Pillows Are On Your Bed?

Posted by   + Show Post

Happy Labor Day, friends! Today we have a burning question, one that has plagued all of us at one time or another, I'm sure (yes, that is a tad sarcastic). Since resting is the kind of opposite of labor, I thought it might be appropriate and fun.

Dillywaddle111 writes: Please answer this for me and my husband. We have a lovely master bedroom, with, of course, a bed. It's queen size, and I've decorated it with a gorgeous set of bed linens, include some throw pillows: two regular size with shams and three booster pillows to coordinate. My husband thinks this is too many pillows. I disagree. To add to this, he is always perplexed by where to put them when he heads to bed, as I don't want him just throwing them on the floor. Can you solve this for us?

Ah, bedroom issues of the fluffiest proportion! Yes, it is a dilemma for sure, one that is not really life or death, but these little woes can pile up and seem larger than they should (my husband and I had one about the location of his dirty socks a while back).

We all see those lovely bedding sets, the pillows and coordinating sheets that make that bed look so inviting, but what does one do with them all when you are in the bed -- and how many is too many? Well, the answer to latter questions an individual decision...one I can't answer for you, but I can help with the "where to put them" problem.

Since the floor isn't an option, try one of these places:

On a shelf in the closet - Do you have a closet in the room? I'm assuming yes. Clear off a shelf or put a plastic bin in there to store the extra pillows while you get your ZZZs.

In an accent chair - Get a small accent chair, one without arms, to stick in the corner or along a wall and pile them high on there.

End of the bed bench - Another great excuse to go shopping, look for a cool low bench for the end of your bed and lay them on there when you head to dreamland. I adore those leather (or leather-like) bench-ish ottmans.

How many pillows are on your bed (or your kids)? Where do you put them when you are sleeping? 

ŠiStockphoto.com/MaxFX      

by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-40):
DelilahsMom4108
by Jeni on Sep. 3, 2012 at 4:02 PM
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 10:33 AM

We have a ton. We have two body pillows and 6 regular pillows on our bed. My youngest has 3 pillows in her crib, my older daughter only has 2 pillows, my son has 2 regular ones and 3 little ones that stay on his bed most of the time

fraujones
by Amanda on Sep. 4, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Three.

.JuneDiva629.
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 12:40 PM
a total of 4
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jules_
by Julie on Sep. 4, 2012 at 3:47 PM
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Sep. 4, 2012 at 3:47 PM

4 on ours.

2 on each of the kids' beds.

bether89
by Ruby Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 3:49 PM

I have 6 on my bed.  The extras go on the floor by the bed.

keeckhardt
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 3:50 PM
7 and they go in the floor
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilovemykids732
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 4:42 PM

we have 3... I have one, DH has 2... -___-

Luvmybooskies
by Tiff on Sep. 4, 2012 at 5:04 PM

We have two and sometimes a third, which is a body pillow.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)