Group Home

Creative Fruit Ideas..

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2012 at 6:38 PM
  • 24 Replies

Ok so my oldest DD starts school tomorrow. I will be making her lunches. At first it was because I know how picky she is and not sure if she would always be ok with eating the lunches. Then I found out that the lunches are $2.10,,,, so it would be cheaper for me to make her lunches anyway lol. Anyways, I have some fresh fruit that I got for her. I got apples, strawberries, oranges, and grapes. I wanted to stuff the strawberries with some orange, but she wasn't willing to taste it to see if she liked it. I want to do at least 2 different fruit a day. I also want to avoid doing a fruit salad if at all possible. 

So I know you ladies are awesome at being creative, I need ideas to make her lunch special every day.

by on Aug. 26, 2012 at 6:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Aug. 26, 2012 at 6:49 PM

BUMP!

CamMa
by on Aug. 26, 2012 at 6:54 PM
Bump! Does she like chocolate? You could maybe dip the very tip of the strawberries in some. Just enough that it has some chocolate on it, but it's not a lot. And yummmmmm, oranges!! I want some Cuties!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarahmetz
by on Aug. 26, 2012 at 7:02 PM
Yeah the chocolate id a good way to do it. she gets a little something sweet to go with it. maybe add sprikles or a decoration thing to the oranges. i would have suggested chocolate frozen bananas but it probably last till lunch anyways and not so easy to eat. maybe cuting them in silly designs or cuting something into the strawberries like a silly face or a simple i love you message.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Aug. 26, 2012 at 7:07 PM

She is already a naturally hyper kid lol. I don't think her teacher would be too happy with me if I added any amount of chocolate to her lunch lol. She gets super hyper with just the littlest amount of sugar. 

Quoting CamMa:

Bump! Does she like chocolate? You could maybe dip the very tip of the strawberries in some. Just enough that it has some chocolate on it, but it's not a lot. And yummmmmm, oranges!! I want some Cuties!!

ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Aug. 26, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Oh I love the frozen bananas, but yeah I don't think they would last lol. 

Quoting sarahmetz:

Yeah the chocolate id a good way to do it. she gets a little something sweet to go with it. maybe add sprikles or a decoration thing to the oranges. i would have suggested chocolate frozen bananas but it probably last till lunch anyways and not so easy to eat. maybe cuting them in silly designs or cuting something into the strawberries like a silly face or a simple i love you message.

CamMa
by on Aug. 26, 2012 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Well, that I understand. lol
Maybe cut little stars into the strawberries and put a little cream cheese in the middle? You could make a "pizza" with it. Get a single pizza crust, cream cheese as the "sauce" and put the fruit on top.

Quoting ashleymosq:

She is already a naturally hyper kid lol. I don't think her teacher would be too happy with me if I added any amount of chocolate to her lunch lol. She gets super hyper with just the littlest amount of sugar. 

Quoting CamMa:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kksmomma1019
by Member on Aug. 26, 2012 at 7:19 PM
You could skewer pieces onto pretzel sticks.
aidyns_mommy
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2012 at 7:20 PM
What about kabobs? Fruit & veggie ones?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Aug. 26, 2012 at 7:21 PM

I might eat them lmao. I love fruit pizza. I may have to do that though. I don't have the stuff right now, but I really love the idea.

Quoting CamMa:

Well, that I understand. lol
Maybe cut little stars into the strawberries and put a little cream cheese in the middle? You could make a "pizza" with it. Get a single pizza crust, cream cheese as the "sauce" and put the fruit on top.

Quoting ashleymosq:

Quoting CamMa:

ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Aug. 26, 2012 at 7:22 PM
2 moms liked this

Hmm, I like that. I will get some pretzel sticks and try it next week. 

I am going to have to start making a list lmao.

Quoting kksmomma1019:

You could skewer pieces onto pretzel sticks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. letstalk747
  2. lizzig
  3. Jukebox_Jenny
  4. powow65
  5. alf2651
  6. Angela4boys