EWW!! Who shares their bath towels with their SO???

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 9:17 AM
  • 61 Replies

Watching the Today show and the host said she shares her bath towel with her husband.

BARF!  Does anyone else do this?

throwing up

http://www.drozfans.com/dr-ozs-advice/dr-oz-3-things-to-never-share-with-your-husband-towel-brush-razor/

Doctor Oz spoke about three things you should never share your husband or anyone else for that matter. You can catch jock itch, staph infections or ring worm by sharing towels, a brush or a razor. Dr Oz explained how to prevent these infections: 3 Things to Never Share

Never Share Towels - Jock Itch Fungus

Dr Oz said to never share towels, and this has nothing to do with the towels being wet. By sharing towels with your husband, you can catch Jock Itch fungus. Towels are the most common way to spread fungi. If you get Jock Itch, Dr Oz said you should try Antifungal Jock Itch Cream.

Never Share Razor Blades - Staph Infection

Doctor Oz said you should never share razor blades with your husband, because you can spread Staph Infection, which can be deadly if it gets under your skin. If you get a Staph Infection, use a Triple Antibiotic Cream to reverse it. If you absolutely must share a razor, dunk the razor in alcohol between people to minimize the risk of spreading infections.

Never Share Hair Brush - Ring Worm Fungus

Dr Oz said you should never share a hair brush, because you can get a circular rash called Ring Worm Fungus, in addition to lice. If you get ring worm, you can use an anti-fungal cream, but it is best to avoid ring worm.

Join us in the North Carolina Moms group!

by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 9:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ms.sophsmom
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 9:19 AM
I dont have a partner right now but i dont see the huge deal.. Unless ur SO has horrible hygiene and is still gross after bathing, why not?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Godspitgrl
by Nychole on Aug. 27, 2012 at 9:19 AM

I have it just all depends. Usually I don't but if there is not a clean towel then I will. But what does it matter either way as long as its dry? Its not like you are putting dirt on it you just got clean you are just wiping off water

Threes.Company
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 9:20 AM
3 moms liked this

We do, I guess...  I mean, we wash towels, but not after every use.  We use them for a couple days, then grab new ones.  Meanwhile, they dry on our towel rack.  I don't really pay attention to who used which towel.  I just grab a dry one when I need it.  We are intimate in ways that are far more personal than drying with a towel.  *Shrugs*  I guess I just don't think it's a big deal.  I mean, you are towel-drying AFTER the shower, not when you're dirty.

she_walk_softly
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 9:22 AM
Yea I do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Juniper53098
by June on Aug. 27, 2012 at 9:22 AM

I don't

Rain2Rinse
by Gold Member on Aug. 27, 2012 at 10:54 AM
1 mom liked this
If his is closer, I definitely use it. Let's be honest here, parts of his body actually ENTER mine. I'm not concerned about using his towel to dry off my neck, even if he did use it to dry off his just scrubbed clean butt or balls.

*shrug
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
A.J.s_mommy
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2012 at 10:55 AM
I don't see what's so "Eew" about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
A.J.s_mommy
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2012 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol....I thought that too. You will put his penis in your mouth, but his bath towel is "Eew". Just made me laugh.

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

If his is closer, I definitely use it. Let's be honest here, parts of his body actually ENTER mine. I'm not concerned about using his towel to dry off my neck, even if he did use it to dry off his just scrubbed clean butt or balls.

*shrug
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rain2Rinse
by Gold Member on Aug. 27, 2012 at 10:58 AM
I see a lot of stuff on cm that makes me laugh. Every time I see this topic... I definitely giggle.

Quoting A.J.s_mommy:

Lol....I thought that too. You will put his penis in your mouth, but his bath towel is "Eew". Just made me laugh.

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

*shrug
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Aug. 27, 2012 at 10:59 AM
You are clean when you get out of the shower so what is eww about sharing a towel? we sometimes do. Not that big of a deal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: