Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Style: Mom Essentials for Fall

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 49 Replies

Although it's supposed to be 94 degrees here this weekend, for the most part it's pretty obvious that fall is on the way. Our pals at The Stir came up with a list of "8 Mom Essentials" for the fall. There are some great ideas for nice, age-appropriate clothing.

Boots: Yep. Cannot love mine more. They give every outfit a little style punch.

Flats: See above...and as someone who made the critical tactical error of wearing heels walking around a college campus yesterday and is now blistered half to death, cute flats are #1 on my shopping list for the fall now!

Blazer: This classes up the mom outfit of jeans and a tee in a big way...add a scarf and you look tres chic.

Colored jeans: Not on my body, but if you like them, go for it!

Shirt dress: Agan, I've yet to find one of these that look decent on me, but if they flatter you, go to town...they're a nice, crisp look that's easy to dress up with heels and jewelry or down with boots and a cardi.

Check out the rest at the link.  I know I plan to add a few other things this fall, like something in cobalt blue (the color of the season that looks good on just about everyone) and maybe something velvet.

What would you like to add to your wardrobe this fall?

Image via Kmart: Women's Route 66 Fleece-lined Flat in Multi, $14.99.

by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bether89
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 12:04 AM

I would like one or two cardigan sweaters in fall colors.

Rushn311
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Those are cute flats!! I need some skinny jeans so I can wear my UGGS. I would like some BearPaw boots and gym shoes.

frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 12:33 AM

I want to find a nice pair of flats.  Now do i go with bare feet or hose?   I have never worn boots unless they were snow/rain related.

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Aug. 31, 2012 at 9:06 AM

I really just need a pair of jeans that fits properly!

charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Aug. 31, 2012 at 10:29 AM

I want to add some new hoodies.

momkaribg
by Kari on Aug. 31, 2012 at 11:29 AM
I am not a big fan of the colored jeans. I like hoodies and regular jeans.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wandep
by Pam on Aug. 31, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Those are cute shoes. Maybe I will see if I can find them online. I always hate buying shoes online tho. :(

wandep
by Pam on Aug. 31, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Oh and your 8 moms essential link is not working when you click on it you get an error message. :(

wandep
by Pam on Aug. 31, 2012 at 11:37 AM

These are cute too:

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_035VA49735401P

Sorry don't know how to add the link where you can just click on it. Same type shoe just different colors. :)

wandep
by Pam on Aug. 31, 2012 at 11:38 AM

I would go bare feet.

Quoting frndlyfn:

I want to find a nice pair of flats.  Now do i go with bare feet or hose?   I have never worn boots unless they were snow/rain related.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)