Ever had...

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 4:11 PM
  • 23 Replies

That moment when you just want some thing to last more than just a couple of months. Yeah that's my luck lately. I have had 4 nursing bras break on me in the last week and none of them were over 2 months old. One I got from the maternity store didn't even last the 1st day I wore it, that was just the strap and I got my money back for that one. Every single other one the underwire has broke through...Gah!

CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers
 CafeMom Tickers

by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Sorry hope things get better for you.

Rushn311
by Ruby Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 4:25 PM

That stinks. I never have luck with bras either.

proudmommy690
by Christa on Aug. 30, 2012 at 4:42 PM
yeah it's annoying!!! i hate when my wire breaks in the bra. i need the wire support
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Juniper53098
by June on Aug. 30, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Underwires are not recommended when nursing.  They can contribute to clogged ducts and mastitis.  So, maybe try to find one without the wire.  Yes, you can get a decent, larger size, bra without an underwire.  (I'm a DD when nursing and NEVER wear an underwire.)

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Aug. 30, 2012 at 5:03 PM
So frustrating. I hope you can find something that will work for you soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heydooney
by Danielle :) on Aug. 30, 2012 at 5:20 PM

I've never had nursing bras with underwire. Interesting! Mine are good old walmart ones and they've lasted me 5+ years!

daerca574
by Danya on Aug. 30, 2012 at 5:47 PM
Hope you can find something that lasts!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
malexander2009
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 6:30 PM
My main ones were from Walmart.

Quoting heydooney:

I've never had nursing bras with underwire. Interesting! Mine are good old walmart ones and they've lasted me 5+ years!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
malexander2009
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 6:34 PM
Yeah I had several with out underwires and when I look in the mirror and it looks as though I'm not wearing a bra at all there's a problem. I also had complete strangers telling me that I needed to wear a bra so yeah the ones with out the underwires don't work for me

Quoting Juniper53098:

Underwires are not recommended when nursing.  They can contribute to clogged ducts and mastitis.  So, maybe try to find one without the wire.  Yes, you can get a decent, larger size, bra without an underwire.  (I'm a DD when nursing and NEVER wear an underwire.)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Juniper53098
by June on Aug. 30, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Don't know  what size you wear, but there's a Just My Size style that gives really good lift without the wire....

This is the one I really like:  http://www.justmysize.com/plus-size/bras/just-my-size/jms-satin-wirefree-bra

Quoting malexander2009:

Yeah I had several with out underwires and when I look in the mirror and it looks as though I'm not wearing a bra at all there's a problem. I also had complete strangers telling me that I needed to wear a bra so yeah the ones with out the underwires don't work for me

Quoting Juniper53098:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: