Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

September September September! Hello & welcome to the September happy 'smarter living' random post! :)

Posted by   + Show Post
Fall is here! (up here in NY state feels STILL like the summer sunny days!)
Will you be happy to see the color changing? The kids going or already gone to school!? Or wearing nice warmy clothes?!' (lol)
How about apple farm picking?!
Or a nice walk in the park?!

What is on your mind?! & we shall chat it up with you! Have a wonderful day & month all!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 11:05 PM
Replies (3231-3240):
MamaJane
by Jane:) on Sep. 24, 2012 at 8:23 AM

Quoting powow65:

Well good news is, our (lights/gas) bill is only $60 this October.
Yayy us.

That's awesome!  Ours is never under $200.  That is all utilities though.  We haven't even had the air or heat on for a month.

MamaJane
by Jane:) on Sep. 24, 2012 at 8:25 AM

Quoting powow65:

Blanket wrapped around my legs & hoody on.

I'm thinking of getting my fuzzy slippers out.  My nose is cold.  Not that the slippers will help my nose.  That was just a separate thought. :)

powow65
by kimmy on Sep. 24, 2012 at 8:26 AM
Ps, no.... I am NOT turning on the heat. Until near November.
After I make my DD's blanket. I AM making scrap yarn blankets for the (living room wall, kitchen wall, & my DD's wall too.) to keep the apartment warm-ish & keep the crappy winter cold air out!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaJane
by Jane:) on Sep. 24, 2012 at 8:26 AM

I have to drag 2 preschoolers to the eye place today because the ear piece thing broke off my glasses this weekend.  I'm thinking I'll put in my contacts in the mean time because it's digging in my ear.

MamaJane
by Jane:) on Sep. 24, 2012 at 8:27 AM

Quoting powow65:

Ps, no.... I am NOT turning on the heat. Until near November.
After I make my DD's blanket. I AM making scrap yarn blankets for the (living room wall, kitchen wall, & my DD's wall too.) to keep the apartment warm-ish & keep the crappy winter cold air out!

I don't know if I'll make it to November but it'll be a while.

powow65
by kimmy on Sep. 24, 2012 at 8:30 AM
Whoa! (our apartment) I kid you NOT is drafty, holey & when it down pours rains (VERY VERY VERY hard!!!) the rain comes right into our apartment & our apartment has mold too.
We've lived here for 3years now & I hate it!

Quoting MamaJane:

Quoting powow65:

Yayy us.

That's awesome!  Ours is never under $200.  That is all utilities though.  We haven't even had the air or heat on for a month.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaJane
by Jane:) on Sep. 24, 2012 at 8:30 AM

Quoting powow65:

It was (still) in the low 40's this morning.

Quoting MamaJane:

brrrrr!

It was suposed to get 36 this morning.  It's only 43 right now at 8:30.  This house will stay ok if it heats up during the day.  I think it's supposed to be 65 later so it should be ok.

powow65
by kimmy on Sep. 24, 2012 at 8:30 AM
Lmao! It's both my feet & my nose too! Lmao!

Quoting MamaJane:

Quoting powow65:

Blanket wrapped around my legs & hoody on.

I'm thinking of getting my fuzzy slippers out.  My nose is cold.  Not that the slippers will help my nose.  That was just a separate thought. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaJane
by Jane:) on Sep. 24, 2012 at 8:32 AM

That's horrible.  I hate hearing about apartments that aren't kept up.  It really sickens me the way people treat areas they, themselves, don't have to live in.

Quoting powow65:

Whoa! (our apartment) I kid you NOT is drafty, holey & when it down pours rains (VERY VERY VERY hard!!!) the rain comes right into our apartment & our apartment has mold too.
We've lived here for 3years now & I hate it!

Quoting MamaJane:

Quoting powow65:

Yayy us.

powow65
by kimmy on Sep. 24, 2012 at 8:33 AM
I too wear glasses.
I've had mine for 2years now... My eye sight is getting worst! I'm far sighted (meaning I can't see far away, more like I can't see over 5feet sad to say.)

Quoting MamaJane:

I have to drag 2 preschoolers to the eye place today because the ear piece thing broke off my glasses this weekend.  I'm thinking I'll put in my contacts in the mean time because it's digging in my ear.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN