Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Input/ideas

Posted by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 12:48 AM
  • 12 Replies
Hello :) we are doing ds bday party at craigs cruisers and i am wondering should i do a goody bag?
If yes, should i do actual bags or bake/make something and if yes ideas? Its spiderman themed and his is turning 4 and the kids at the party will range from 6mo-12 yrs (most of them are 2-5 yrs old.
TIA :)

Edit/idea:
What do you think about the idea of making like a marshmellow spiderman head or sugar cookies that look like a spiderman head for the "take home goody"?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 12:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tinkerxbell
by Emily on Sep. 1, 2012 at 1:06 AM

I would do a goody bag for kids 2 or 3 and up, don't do one for babies unless you make special ones for them that have nothing they can choke on. As far as what to put in them, stick with the same theme or colors as the party. You could do a couple actual spider man things, like stickers etc and then just stick with red blue and maybe yellow toys. Maybe a couple pieces of candy. Don't go too crazy, just a couple little things.

holmes212
by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 7:50 AM
I seen an idea on google that i thought was really cool you put a marshmellow on a sick and frost it red and use black edible marker and use frosting for the eyes. Or making sugar cookies in a spiderman figure? What do you think of that idea?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2jessnky
by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 8:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Silly String would be cool in a goody bag, it's web shooter. ;)

lasombrs
by Sara on Sep. 1, 2012 at 8:55 AM

I think if its a kind of play plac that you are paying for them to attend you dont have to do goody bags as well. If you do them I would just go with penny candy or something like that, and make some stickers :P

bizzyx4
by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 12:59 PM
Totally depends on your budget. I do goody bags at my kids birthdays. I always have candy, a few things in there related to party theme and a toy or two, and a thank you note!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
holmes212
by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 1:57 PM
How do you make stickers? I think itd be cute because then ds could help and itd be like a personalized gift back

Quoting lasombrs:

I think if its a kind of play plac that you are paying for them to attend you dont have to do goody bags as well. If you do them I would just go with penny candy or something like that, and make some stickers :P

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Threes.Company
by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Yes, it is customary to do a goody bag.  I would try a party store or go to a store like Kmart/Target/Walmart and check out their party section.  Usually there are cheap options available!

Rushn311
by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 2:17 PM

The place you are doing it at; do they do goody bags? Some places do. If they don't, I think Target has Spiderman stuff in their dollar section. Get some Spiderman stuff, suckers, playdoh is always cool. I am not sure what to do about the older kids tho.

My son's bday is the 15th, we are having it here at home. I am doing a pinata this year, so once it breaks, they will all have goody bags, and will put whatever came out of the pinata' into their bags.

lasombrs
by Sara on Sep. 1, 2012 at 2:34 PM

yeah...... that would be a case of my fingers typing faster then my brain thinks :/ it was supposed to be maybe some stickers. sorry about that! although I am sure there must be a way to make them :)

Quoting holmes212:

How do you make stickers? I think itd be cute because then ds could help and itd be like a personalized gift back

Quoting lasombrs:

PookaboosMom
by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 2:40 PM
Exactly what I was going to say....you could even decorate the cans so they look spiderman-y lol

Quoting mom2jessnky:

Silly String would be cool in a goody bag, it's web shooter. ;)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN