Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Style: Coping With the Temperature Rollercoaster

Posted by   + Show Post

I think this year is the worst I have ever experienced for this phenomenon: One day 95, next day 65. And this fall is bizarro! Lots of fluctuating temperatures hour by hour.

So here's my day: I dress for the high temperature and then alternately shiver or roast, depending on what curve balls the weather throws me. How to dress for this? It's nuts.

Here's the secret: Layer. Wear a 3/4 sleeve light cardigan over a cami or tank that can stand on its own if need be. Opt for capris, with a little more coverage, instead of summery skirts or shorts. The barest, strappiest summer sandals look off now, so opt for ballet flats or a more substantial sandal that looks good with longer pants. (I'm loving this Attention women's stretch sandal, or this Jaclyn Smith nude sandal. There are even cropped pants that roll up or down as you need.

Probably the most important? Figure out if you'd rather be a little warm or a little cold, and dress accordingly. I hate being hot, so I'd rather under-dress.

How do you dress for this changeable weather?

by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2012 at 3:19 PM

changeable weather? don't really get that where i'm at this time of year.  that's more of a spring thing.  i'm in the south & we stay warm till about november.  then we get our fall weather till around christmas/new years when winter kicks in.

bwsmommy
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2012 at 4:58 PM

I just keep a hoodie for me and the kids in the van at all times ..i cant wait till fall cool weather stays !

Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2012 at 7:44 PM

It is still hot here so no coping needed yet...

onecuteladybug2
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2012 at 8:26 PM

I pretty much stick with jeans and t-shirts year round around here.

LifeCafe42
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 9:25 PM
I always layer
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elasmimi
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Layers! And I always take some kind of sweater or jacket to the movies, even if it's in the middle of a heat wave. Those places freeze me out!

bether89
by Ruby Member on Sep. 8, 2012 at 12:58 AM

I dress in layers.

taniamorse85
by Gold Member on Sep. 8, 2012 at 3:42 AM

I've been wearing shorts and light t-shirts for the past two months, at least.   That's how long we've been above 90.   When the weather changes, I'll let you know.  lol

thehickinhickor
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 3:46 AM
yep this

Quoting Godspitgrl:

Just wearing shorts and tshirts right now here in the south it will not get cold enough to need more for a while

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wandep
by Pam on Sep. 8, 2012 at 9:02 AM

Shorts and tshirt for me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN