Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Mom: What Skill Do You Wish You Had?

Posted by   + Show Post

I can sew. A minuscule amount. I can hem a pant leg by hand (if no one is ever looking at it up close), I can make a Halloween costume by adding some fur, I can mend a hole in a stuffed cat. I can't sew a dress or anything like that, which I had to explain the difference to Kiddo the other day. When asked if I could make her a dress, I said I couldn't but my mom, her Mumma could. She used to make my clothes as a kid.

I wish I could sew. Yes, I wish I had a skill like that. Sewing. Not only can it save money and be really fulfilling, it could come in handy if a zombie apocalypse occurs, and we are all cornered into homes. Turning a bed sheet into a fashionable ensemble would be totally useful.

Other ideas I had on skills I wish I had:

-- Being a good photographer, I mean, know how to take pics with a real camera, to document what was happening.

-- Knitting, akin to the sewing skill, you can make things you can use.

-- Cooking, at least one or two nice meals as we wait to battle zombies is a good thing.

-- Playing the piano, because it would be awesome to be able to entertain people if zombies were at my window.

-- Playing golf, not really a skill for the end of the world, but handy and useful I think in certain social situations. 

What is your best skill? What skill do you wish you had? 

ŠiStockphoto.com/marekuliasz 

by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on Sep. 11, 2012 at 11:30 AM
I'm pretty crafty and creative. I wish I spoke more languages.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Sep. 11, 2012 at 12:06 PM

sewing....definitely

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Sep. 11, 2012 at 12:07 PM

maybe also playing piano or guitar

Juniper53098
by June on Sep. 11, 2012 at 12:19 PM

I'm a great singer.  I wish I could draw or paint.

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Sep. 11, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Wish I could sew really well. Put colors together for quilts. And knit.

keeckhardt
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 12:38 PM
I wish I was a better cake decorator (more sculpting) and could decorate cookies. My mom is an amazing cake decerator but never did cookies. Cooking is #2. I wish I could play an instrument, any instrument. My mom and sis are pianists, DH plays guitar and drums, I can sing and dance bit that is it. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetLuci
by Luci on Sep. 11, 2012 at 1:01 PM

My best skill is cooking, followed by sewing and photography. I've love to be albe to quilt better.

elasmimi
by Ruby Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 2:58 PM

I guess my best is cooking. But I can't even sew on a button and make it stay. I wish I could sew!

Godspitgrl
by Nychole on Sep. 11, 2012 at 5:12 PM

play guitar

Godspitgrl
by Nychole on Sep. 11, 2012 at 5:12 PM

wood working

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)