Group Home

Smarter Living: Weather Apps for The Weather-Obsessed Mama

Posted by   + Show Post

Maybe it is because we live on the 23rd floor and can't readily walk outside to see how hot or cold it is. Maybe it is because I'm a planner. Maybe it is because I hate wearing the wrong shoes and I'm obsessed with the weather. Regardless of why, I love to know what the weather is and how I need to prepare my day. Do I need a jacket? How about rain boots? Am I going to be way too hot in this sweater? All questions that the weatherman can do his best to answer, but what if Doc McStuffins is on the TV and I can't readily flip to the forecast?

Enter the weather app. Handy and at my fingertips, there are many of them out there. I rounded up two that I am digging these days, spreading the word on my little friends that tell me if it's going to be sunny and fabulous (well, one can always, hope, right?).

Swakett -- My kiddo and I use this one together, with cool weather icons (aka your "peeps") that tell you what it is going to be like out via their wardrobe. If it's rainy, they have umbrellas and galoshes. If it is sunny, they have cool tank tops and sunglasses. Very fun and easy to use.

Dark Sky - All about the rain, this app is. But that is what makes it so cool and essential when you want to find out not only when it will rain today, but what are the chances it will that hour when you need to be on the playground.

Are you obsessed with the weather? Do you have any weather apps? 

ŠiStockphoto.com/robertsrob 

by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (21-30):
powow65
by kimmy on Sep. 15, 2012 at 9:37 AM
For rain b/c we had a bad drought, yes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Flaca43
by Ruby Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Cute sounding apps!  I too am obsessed with the weather. I have an app from my local weather channel as well as one for my town and other towns around my home.

keeckhardt
by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 11:27 AM
I have the weather channels app on my phone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Threes.Company
by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 12:53 PM
I just use the weather channel app.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wandep
by Pam on Sep. 15, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Oh cool, will have to check those out when I get my new iphone 5! That is if it ever comes! LOL On my kindle fire I just have the regular weather.com app. I didn't know about those two. Thanks.

alliesmom112
by Sandy on Sep. 15, 2012 at 8:57 PM

I have the weather app from our local news station. I check it often and dd checks it every night when she is laying out her clothes for the next day. She is 4 so she really just looks at the pictures to see if it is supposed to rain

mereinhart28
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 7:18 PM

I check the weather every morning, but I'm not obsessed.

thanks for the app suggestions!

SweetLuci
by Luci on Sep. 18, 2012 at 10:27 AM

I'm not obsessed but DH is so he keeps me informed.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Sep. 18, 2012 at 10:28 AM

These sound cool...thanks.

Leeshamak
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 4:40 PM

That's pretty cool~ I use accu weather. But my obsessed dh uses a combo of weather blogs and fb pages to compile his weather forecast... lol~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. aneela
  2. Vertical15
  3. mrswillie
  4. ceciliam
  5. deccaf
  6. SweetLuci