Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Living: Weather Apps for The Weather-Obsessed Mama

Posted by   + Show Post

Maybe it is because we live on the 23rd floor and can't readily walk outside to see how hot or cold it is. Maybe it is because I'm a planner. Maybe it is because I hate wearing the wrong shoes and I'm obsessed with the weather. Regardless of why, I love to know what the weather is and how I need to prepare my day. Do I need a jacket? How about rain boots? Am I going to be way too hot in this sweater? All questions that the weatherman can do his best to answer, but what if Doc McStuffins is on the TV and I can't readily flip to the forecast?

Enter the weather app. Handy and at my fingertips, there are many of them out there. I rounded up two that I am digging these days, spreading the word on my little friends that tell me if it's going to be sunny and fabulous (well, one can always, hope, right?).

Swakett -- My kiddo and I use this one together, with cool weather icons (aka your "peeps") that tell you what it is going to be like out via their wardrobe. If it's rainy, they have umbrellas and galoshes. If it is sunny, they have cool tank tops and sunglasses. Very fun and easy to use.

Dark Sky - All about the rain, this app is. But that is what makes it so cool and essential when you want to find out not only when it will rain today, but what are the chances it will that hour when you need to be on the playground.

Are you obsessed with the weather? Do you have any weather apps? 

ŠiStockphoto.com/robertsrob 

by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
bether89
by Ruby Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 11:49 PM

I don't have any weather apps.  I have not watched the weather in about a week.  However, my dh is a little weather obsessed.

LifeCafe42
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 12:30 AM
I use weather underground
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AstuteMama
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 1:25 AM

I have a weather app that is displayed on the face of my phone. It was a preloaded app that was already on the face of my phone.

lasombrs
by Sara on Sep. 14, 2012 at 7:34 AM

i just check online all day i dont have anything that uses apps

BeachMommy07
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 9:33 AM

I am a little obsessed. lol. TFS!

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Sep. 14, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I check on the weather each morning. Not an obsession tho..And I tell the girls to stick their head outside and see how cold it is. 

Godspitgrl
by Nychole on Sep. 14, 2012 at 7:26 PM

Don't really care honestly. We step out in the morning see how it feels and dress accordingly

JerseyGirl511
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Use weather.com but don't think I'm obsessed.  No weather apps.

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Sep. 14, 2012 at 8:06 PM

ha ha no i dont check it everyday nor do i have an app

onecuteladybug2
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2012 at 9:05 PM

I check it every night before bed so that I know what to lay out for DS to wear the next day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)