Group Home

School problems already

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 7:46 AM
  • 42 Replies
Im already so frustrated with her school. :(

1. The teacher wants her there 30 minutes BEFORE school starts so that dd can do morning work with te rest of the class. This consists of written first last names 5x. No!

2. Community supplies. Yes, this pisses me off. As a parent who bought the school supplies you suggested, including the pencil case, there is no reason they aren't using their own supplies. Especially since dd watched a student sneeze into his hand, and then dig into the crayon box. As a parent who offered to allow you to make a $150 supply list every 3 months, this REALLY pisses me off.

3. Dd has yet to be switched to the 1st grade class, because they are already behind on school testing. She complains about being bored with the work. She does homework in 5 minutes, and then wants to talk about the very first time she did it, 2.5 years ago.

I can't take it!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 7:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rain2Rinse
by Gold Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 7:47 AM
I do wanted to be hands on and involved. I've offered my time, my presence, my money. Now, I think I just want my child back. Dh and I have started talking about homeschooling.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rain2Rinse
by Gold Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 7:51 AM
Oh yeah, a little boy was running during recess, and skinned his knee. So... No more running for these little kids. Smh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
critter_boo
by Sarah on Sep. 12, 2012 at 7:51 AM
I'm so sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wandep
by Pam on Sep. 12, 2012 at 8:27 AM

Sorry, that sucks! I hate community school supplies too! I always buy the cheaper stuff.

MrsRobinson06
by Amy on Sep. 12, 2012 at 8:35 AM
2 moms liked this
Makes me thankful for my daughters school. She's in first grade and the school supplied individual supplies to each kid. They did that in kindergarten too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rushn311
by Ruby Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Oh wow! Take it to the principal or super intendent. 30 minutes before school starts? Never heard of that one EVER! Absurd!

Rain2Rinse
by Gold Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 8:37 AM
It isn't really quality of the stuff, as much as it... Well, it is disgusting. 5 and 6 year olds are not the most hygienic bunch I know.

I am sure that she will quote convenience, but it is quite easy to have them keep their pencil boxes at the desk.

Quoting wandep:

Sorry, that sucks! I hate community school supplies too! I always buy the cheaper stuff.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rain2Rinse
by Gold Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 8:39 AM
Yes!

School starts at 8am. Doors open at 7:30. I don't understand why she would schedule morning work from 7:30-8:00.

And she sent a note home saying that 7:50 was too late for dd to arrive, since she was missing morning work. It is also frustrating!

Quoting Rushn311:

Oh wow! Take it to the principal or super intendent. 30 minutes before school starts? Never heard of that one EVER! Absurd!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
slw123
by Shawna on Sep. 12, 2012 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I would be having a face to face with her.  If school starts at 8 am, then that's what time my daughter will start her morning work.  The community supplies.......I think most of us have to deal with that one.  I don't like it, but it's not a battle worth fighting either.  The kids are going to pick up germs in way more places than the crayon box.

If she's that bored with the school work, then yeah, I would look into other options.  There's no reason for her to keep repeating the same things over and over. 

mjande4
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 8:45 AM
It sounds like 7:30-8:00 is tutoring/extra help. If your daughter is behind, why wouldn't you want to get her there for that assistance!?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. egyptian_mommy
  2. SweetLuci
  3. BeachLifeMama
  4. proudmommy690
  5. Janet
  6. jconney80