Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

School problems already

Posted by   + Show Post
Im already so frustrated with her school. :(

1. The teacher wants her there 30 minutes BEFORE school starts so that dd can do morning work with te rest of the class. This consists of written first last names 5x. No!

2. Community supplies. Yes, this pisses me off. As a parent who bought the school supplies you suggested, including the pencil case, there is no reason they aren't using their own supplies. Especially since dd watched a student sneeze into his hand, and then dig into the crayon box. As a parent who offered to allow you to make a $150 supply list every 3 months, this REALLY pisses me off.

3. Dd has yet to be switched to the 1st grade class, because they are already behind on school testing. She complains about being bored with the work. She does homework in 5 minutes, and then wants to talk about the very first time she did it, 2.5 years ago.

I can't take it!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 7:46 AM
Replies (11-20):
Rushn311
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this

That is just nuts. If she wants that, she make it where it's mandatory  but I still think it's weird regardless. I will bring this up to my neighbor and see what she thinks. she's a teacher.

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

Yes!

School starts at 8am. Doors open at 7:30. I don't understand why she would schedule morning work from 7:30-8:00.

And she sent a note home saying that 7:50 was too late for dd to arrive, since she was missing morning work. It is also frustrating!

Quoting Rushn311:

Oh wow! Take it to the principal or super intendent. 30 minutes before school starts? Never heard of that one EVER! Absurd!

Rain2Rinse
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 9:20 AM
... I never said my daughter is behind. My 5 year old kindergarten student is at a 2nd grade level across the board.

Again, morning work is writing first and last name 5-10x. That shouldn't take 30 minutes, in my opinion. And dd has been writing her name legibly since 3 years of age.

Quoting mjande4:

It sounds like 7:30-8:00 is tutoring/extra help. If your daughter is behind, why wouldn't you want to get her there for that assistance!?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy690
by Christa on Sep. 12, 2012 at 9:23 AM
yeah that's ridiculous. so shes been in kindergarten for 2yrs? they need to move her! thats crazy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this
I'd have a sit down with the teacher if she won't listen the principal give her the opportunity to explain what her reasoning is don't go in pissed go with an open mind and let her have her turn to talk then let her know your concerns. You will get a lot farther with a cool head
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rain2Rinse
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 9:26 AM
Lol, no!

But she's been doing workbooks, hands on learning since about 3 years of age.

Quoting proudmommy690:

yeah that's ridiculous. so shes been in kindergarten for 2yrs? they need to move her! thats crazy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 9:27 AM

I hope things get worked out

Rain2Rinse
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 9:27 AM
While I am pissed, I would never go in and be rude or disrespectful. More bees with honey, than vinegar... And all of that jazz.

Quoting LifeCafe42:

I'd have a sit down with the teacher if she won't listen the principal give her the opportunity to explain what her reasoning is don't go in pissed go with an open mind and let her have her turn to talk then let her know your concerns. You will get a lot farther with a cool head
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy690
by Christa on Sep. 12, 2012 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this
oh lol...oops.

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

Lol, no!

Quoting proudmommy690:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rain2Rinse
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 9:29 AM
Lol!

Quoting proudmommy690:

oh lol...oops.

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

Lol, no!

Quoting proudmommy690:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy690
by Christa on Sep. 12, 2012 at 9:34 AM
it think its stupid for her to ask them to be there early! and i hate the community supplies too, but here i think its only the sanitizers, napkins, paper towels...stuff like that..which dont bother me.. but we didnt get asked to bring crayons (not on the list) and her pencils stay in her bag. if they asked for a pencil box for crayons and stuff that stuff should stay with the child, not for the class, thats my opinion.

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

Lol!

Quoting proudmommy690:

oh lol...oops.

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

Lol, no!

Quoting proudmommy690:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN