Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Mom: Homework Help

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 45 Replies

We're deep enough into the school year that someone in your house has probably faced a big assignment or two. Nothing makes you realize how much you didn't retain from your own school days as helping your kids with their homework!

Remember, my fellow parents, we have a weapon against the homework blues at our disposal that our parents never did: the Internet! Not only can you Google just about anything and find what you need, there are some sites specifically to help parents and their little students figure out that pressing homework question.

Everyday Math for Parents is a valuable resource for understanding the popular math curriculum, which can be baffling to parents since it presents concepts in a different way than we learned them.

Got a paper due? The Online Writing Lab at Purdue University is an invaluable reference tool for formatting everything from that first research paper to a master's thesis.

For general information, Discovery Education has help for just about everything, including social studies and science. I'll be bookmarking this one!

Do you have a great homework help website?

by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 12:56 AM

DD hasnt had any yet this year.  They are a week in for 1st grade.

frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 12:57 AM

I am hoping that the library resources will be a great help when we need them.  They have a subscription to world book.

mamivon2
by Sandra on Sep. 13, 2012 at 1:07 AM

No I dont.. my dd has a tutor coming to the house.. thank God

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Sep. 13, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Haven't had that problem yet. I'm covered tho..Cassie is in Geometry, so she can help Andie with her Algebra. But so far no problems. Valerie is still manageable, however I find myself teaching her math how I was taught. All those boxes don't make sense to her, yet she can do the math without the boxes. And Sarah is in Kinder, so she's really manageable. And no homework there either since she goes all day.  

bwsmommy
by Platinum Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 4:37 AM
We do homework every night :/ my older boys if needed look things up on the internet , so they can say they found it themselves however we all sit at the table and do the work together !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kainalu55
by Ruby Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 5:19 AM

no...don't need one yet...dd is in kindergarten

amyjane22
by Amy on Sep. 13, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Those are neat!  We homeschool, and I do give him "homework" to do on his own time, but since he's in Kindergarten, I don't need help to help him :)

Hannahsmommy816
by Platinum Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 1:47 PM

great tips!

PoehlerBear1983
by Platinum Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 2:00 PM
I dont. Luckily i am still smart enough to help them myself. Ds2 goes to middle school next year so soon i wont be lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fraujones
by Amanda on Sep. 13, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Not yet. Thanks for sharing!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)