Smarter Mom: Homework Help

Posted by   + Show Post

We're deep enough into the school year that someone in your house has probably faced a big assignment or two. Nothing makes you realize how much you didn't retain from your own school days as helping your kids with their homework!

Remember, my fellow parents, we have a weapon against the homework blues at our disposal that our parents never did: the Internet! Not only can you Google just about anything and find what you need, there are some sites specifically to help parents and their little students figure out that pressing homework question.

Everyday Math for Parents is a valuable resource for understanding the popular math curriculum, which can be baffling to parents since it presents concepts in a different way than we learned them.

Got a paper due? The Online Writing Lab at Purdue University is an invaluable reference tool for formatting everything from that first research paper to a master's thesis.

For general information, Discovery Education has help for just about everything, including social studies and science. I'll be bookmarking this one!

Do you have a great homework help website?

by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (21-30):
lasombrs
by Sara on Sep. 14, 2012 at 7:34 AM

not yet. ds is only in preschool

momma-flynn
by Greta on Sep. 14, 2012 at 8:30 AM
We haven't had any issues yet where we need the internet to help. Our biggest issue is dd taking forever so I started setting a timer for her math sheet & spelling sheet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luvmybooskies
by Tiff on Sep. 14, 2012 at 9:33 AM

She is only in kindergarten, so I can still help her...for now lol! My husband is very intelligent. I am confidant that he will have no problem helping our kids with their homework as they get older.

Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Thank you..especially the math site!!

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Sep. 14, 2012 at 4:54 PM
I used that online writing lab all the time when I was in school... Good to know it's still around!

I don't have anybody doing homework yet...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Noni2319
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2012 at 4:58 PM
Thanks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Godspitgrl
by Nychole on Sep. 14, 2012 at 7:23 PM

nope i homeschool and have not had to have help yet

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Sep. 14, 2012 at 8:07 PM

im homeschooling K right now...so we do everything together pretty much

onecuteladybug2
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2012 at 9:05 PM

I sometimes refer DD to PurpleMath.com if we can't figure something out on our own.

Charizma77
by Carissa on Sep. 14, 2012 at 9:14 PM
Don't need one yet
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: