Group Home

Smarter Living: Do You Have A Football Connection?

Posted by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 46 Replies

As a wife of a guy who has had a plethora of fantasy football leagues over the 16 years we have been together, this question struck quite a chord.

FootballSundaySideliner writes: I dread when football season starts. My husband is a die-hard football fan. He has fantasy football teams and his favorite NFL team that he constantly checks on through the week and watches every Sunday. My boys love the game too...I don't mind watching the games. Any suggestion on how to stay connected during football season? 

I hear you. Really, I do. I love football, I don't mind watching it, I actually like the game and the whole thing...but my enjoyment is unmatched to my husband's. He loves his Bears, he has had the same fantasy football league since he was 14  (he's turning 40 next month). Yes, Sundays have morphed a bit since Kiddo came along, but football is still a part of them.

How to stay connected? Good question...the first thing that pops into mind is meeting him halfway. Learn about the game, which it sounds like you already have, but go one step further. Perhaps do your own fantasy team on one of the web sites that have those free leagues. You will get a glimpse of what he goes through every week. Or have a weekly duel - each of you pick a few players each week (a QB, two running backs and two receivers), set a point system, and see who wins (you can also do this with teams - go head to head for games and see who predicts the winner).

Another great way I found to connect with the whole football side of my husband is to research which charities his favorite players are involved in and get your family involved as well. This brings football to a whole different level.

Do you love football? How about your significant other? How do you deal with Sundays? 

ŠiStockphoto.com/padnpen

by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Juniper53098
by June on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:12 AM

I love football.  But, I'll admit that I prefer to only watch my Badgers and Packers.  DH watches whatever game is on.

dusky_rose
by Sue on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:22 AM

I don't love football, but my dh does. I tolerate football since I already know the game, and my dh enjoys it.

Sue ~ Head Admin
~ D.V. Survivor/Admin

Threes.Company
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:23 AM
I don't love it but I like it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AstuteMama
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:28 AM

I don't watch football nor do my boys. I don't have a husband nor S/O.

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:32 AM

I also am a Bears fan ( am also 40) not die hard tho. I will look up to see if they won and that's about it. I also like the Saints (colors mostly) and the Oregon State Beavers ( due to colors, Oregon Ducks are green and yellow eewwww) Again I mostly look up to see if they win..I will write on their facebook wall..My husband (whom I dearly love) is NOT a football fan. He would rather go to the mountains and target shoot and ride dirt bikes. Go fishing or hiking and hunting (when in season) So sundays don't bother me..  

MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 1:24 AM

I probably enjoy it more than my hubby does.  I was in the marching band all through high school, therefore, I played during every half time and during the game, so you kinda had to watch or just be bored.  My hubby couldnt care less about football and I actually kinda wish he did.

VisionSeeker
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Oh me...I'm the football fanatic.  DH could care less unless there's a hunting show on LOL!  BUT he is gracious enough on sundays to watch part of the games with me and will keep me posted on my Jets if I have something to do.

mcginnisc
by Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 1:52 PM

I'm a football fanatic. I've watched it faithfully since birth I believe. LOL.. I have my favorite teams and luckily, Dh has the same favorites. Our weekends are packed with football- Saturdays for NCAA and Sundays/Mondays for NFL. I'm such a nut for the Falcons ( native Atlantan and been a fan for over 30 years) that DH cancelled 3 DVR recordings for tonight so that we can watch the game. Yeah...my guy adores me. LOL 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 4:02 PM

nope, don't like it at all.  my husband likes futball, as in socerr, but not football. 

roxxyt
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 4:06 PM
We are a football family here, college and pro, so all football all weekend long.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. deccaf
  2. SweetLuci
  3. egyptian_mommy
  4. mrswillie
  5. TigerofMu
  6. jconney80