Group Home

Smarter Living: Do You Have A Football Connection?

Posted by   + Show Post

As a wife of a guy who has had a plethora of fantasy football leagues over the 16 years we have been together, this question struck quite a chord.

FootballSundaySideliner writes: I dread when football season starts. My husband is a die-hard football fan. He has fantasy football teams and his favorite NFL team that he constantly checks on through the week and watches every Sunday. My boys love the game too...I don't mind watching the games. Any suggestion on how to stay connected during football season? 

I hear you. Really, I do. I love football, I don't mind watching it, I actually like the game and the whole thing...but my enjoyment is unmatched to my husband's. He loves his Bears, he has had the same fantasy football league since he was 14  (he's turning 40 next month). Yes, Sundays have morphed a bit since Kiddo came along, but football is still a part of them.

How to stay connected? Good question...the first thing that pops into mind is meeting him halfway. Learn about the game, which it sounds like you already have, but go one step further. Perhaps do your own fantasy team on one of the web sites that have those free leagues. You will get a glimpse of what he goes through every week. Or have a weekly duel - each of you pick a few players each week (a QB, two running backs and two receivers), set a point system, and see who wins (you can also do this with teams - go head to head for games and see who predicts the winner).

Another great way I found to connect with the whole football side of my husband is to research which charities his favorite players are involved in and get your family involved as well. This brings football to a whole different level.

Do you love football? How about your significant other? How do you deal with Sundays? 

ŠiStockphoto.com/padnpen

by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-40):
malexander2009
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 2:38 PM
Quick question for you. I know football is a way of life down there in Texas, do ya'll have any high school teams that no matter what they do they just can't win? That seems to be what happens up herein Indiana all the time. Just wondering if the passion for football makes the difference

Quoting momma-flynn:

I am a bigger fan that my dh is. We live in Texas, so high school football is a big deal down here.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma-flynn
by Greta on Sep. 18, 2012 at 2:52 PM

We do have some like that. But even tho they don't win much they still have huge team spirit.  

Quoting malexander2009:

Quick question for you. I know football is a way of life down there in Texas, do ya'll have any high school teams that no matter what they do they just can't win? That seems to be what happens up herein Indiana all the time. Just wondering if the passion for football makes the difference

Quoting momma-flynn:

I am a bigger fan that my dh is. We live in Texas, so high school football is a big deal down here.  

bmw29
by Bobbie on Sep. 18, 2012 at 2:53 PM
I hate it, he loves it. He watches it, I read. LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 3:11 PM

No, but my husband does!

malexander2009
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 7:51 AM
Well at least they have team spirit most schools up here don't even have that. They can't seem to get rid of that "me" mentality especially the high school dh and I went to.

Quoting momma-flynn:

We do have some like that. But even tho they don't win much they still have huge team spirit.  

Quoting malexander2009:

Quoting momma-flynn:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rain2Rinse
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2012 at 8:24 AM
I've had my hands wrapped around a football, Gatorade bottle, and sweaty work out towel since the day that my baby brother dressed out.

Football is simply a way of life in my family, and if it ain't broke...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bether89
by Ruby Member on Sep. 19, 2012 at 9:22 AM

My husband like college football.  So Saturdays are usually his football day.  I do not love football.

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Sep. 19, 2012 at 11:51 AM

We don't watch it however dh works on Mike Mosley's equipment. He was the 1982 MVP (Redskins)

wandep
by Pam on Sep. 19, 2012 at 12:14 PM

It is okay. We watch more college football than Sunday football.

ceciliam
by Ruby Member on Sep. 19, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Neither one of us are in to football.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. BeachLifeMama
  3. SweetLuci
  4. mom2jessnky
  5. mrswillie
  6. proudmommy690