Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Style: Show Your Team Spirit Tastefully

Posted by   + Show Post

In case you are wondering, yes, we have a theme going on this week: football. Such a part of many of our lives - whether it is NFL or NCAA, there are fans...and then there are FANS. Now some of us may really want to show our team sprit but run up against obstacles, like you look horrid in cardinal red or cannot stand golden rod yellow with your skin tone. What is a fan, er, fanatic to do to show her team spirit yet doesn't want to dress in head-to-toe orange (thanks, Syracuse)? Here are some ideas:

-- Nail the spirit. Paint your nails in team colors...alternate every nail orange and blue or do one hand blue and one hand orange, blue with orange polka dots, you have so many options! And did you know they actually make sets for most teams? Really!

-- Tie it up (hair that is). Instead of head-to-toe colors, add a pop of team sprits in your hair, with a scarf of the team colors tied around a ponytail while you wear a lovely white or grey top. Or look at this hair twist with a logo. Easy and classy.

--  Bling it out. When in doubt, add jewelry. They have cute bauble bracelets or stud earrings for almost every team. A perfect way to be a fan without painting your face.

How do you show your team spirit? Do you love a team but hate their colors? 

ŠiStockphoto.com/I've_Not_An_Available_Name    

by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
keeckhardt
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 1:07 PM
I just wear a shirt or hoodie.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommythree0508
by Corinne on Sep. 19, 2012 at 1:50 PM
Good ideas
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommythree0508
by Corinne on Sep. 19, 2012 at 1:50 PM
Good ideas
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Godspitgrl
by Nychole on Sep. 19, 2012 at 2:10 PM

nope no painting my face 

fraujones
by Amanda on Sep. 19, 2012 at 2:41 PM

I'm not a sports person.

elasmimi
by Ruby Member on Sep. 19, 2012 at 3:06 PM

I am so lucky to be a Tennessee Vols fan, since orange has always been one of my favorite colors. I have a cardigan that I wear everywhere, and a Vols purse. Other than that and my orange lipstick, I don't do much.

Hottmomma607
OMG!!! Jax is gonna go off the deep end!! Even deeper! lol
Yesterday at 11:47 AM
by Trica on Sep. 19, 2012 at 3:49 PM
Jersey, tee shirt, flip flops, bracelets, beads!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rushn311
by Ruby Member on Sep. 19, 2012 at 4:38 PM

When Chicago Blackhawks are in the playoffs or I go to a game, I wear the jersey. And when Bears play on Sundays I wear a shirt or jersey.

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Sep. 19, 2012 at 5:33 PM

I'm an  EPL girl....lol...my team The Gunners.. rock my fave colour...red.

so it's all good!!

Luvmybooskies
by Tiff on Sep. 19, 2012 at 7:12 PM

I don't, but my hubby and our 5 year old have a jersey. We need to get our 3 year old one because I don't want her feeling left out lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)