Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Health: Finding That Song For The Perfect Pace

Posted by   + Show Post

A while back, I mentioned I'm trying to get some healthier habits going...cutting back on the sugar I put into my cup of java, doing yoga a bit (with those mantras, right?) and walking at a good brisk pace a couple of times a week. How many times have I accomplished these goals? That's a convo for another post...sigh.

We all know exercising is not always the most enjoyable way to spend our time, but one thing that helps that walk is some tunes I program on my iPhone. I love certain songs, but have found that, sometimes, the beat just isn't right...either too fast or too slow.

Did you know they have websites that help you pick the perfect workout song depending on your pace? I know! I didn't either! Two great ones are Jog.fm and Pace DJ - they help you design your playlist or offer ready-made groups of songs just ideal for how fast or slow you are walking (though it obviously works for runners and bikers too). Want some more tune suggestions for your walk? Here are some songs that I'm adding to my WonderWorkoutMix!

Price Tag by Jessie J
Pumped Up Kicks by Foster the People
Keep Your Head Up by Andy Grammar
Rumour Has It by Adele
Just Dance
by Lady Ga Ga
Don't You Want Me by Human League
All The Pretty Girls by Fun.
Jingle Jangle by Hot Hot Heat

What are your best "pace" songs? Do you find it hard to get those songs that work for your workout?

ŠiStockphoto.com/High-Profile       

by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-31):
mommythree0508
by Corinne on Sep. 22, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

I'm so terrible at picking good workout music... Totally going to use those sites, thank you SO much!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN