Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I know some of the ladies on here have tight budgets and well, who CAN'T use more money, gift cards, etc?

Swagbucks. (www.swagbucks.com) is a search engine (it's powered by Google so it's good) that rewards you for what you do any way, search!  If you install the toolbar (which I recommend) you get 1 swagbuck each day, you can get another for taking the Daily poll each day, and then it's just searching and you'll randomly be rewarded with swagbucks. Friday is Mega Swagbucks day, so you have more chances of getting them and the amounts are bigger too!

Then when you have enough you can redeem them for REAL things. Amazon Giftcards, Paypal  g/c's, iTunes, Walmart, Target. ETC. They also have stuff (toys, games, DVD's etc) that you can buy in the Swag Store, I generally stick to gift cards though.

I just redeemed some of my Swagbucks for $10 in my Paypal account. $10 because I searched the internet. I know people that use SB all year long and then redeem to shop for Christmas.I'm pretty lazy about it, I only use it when I need to search for something. I know people that to get more bucks they'll search instead of using bookmarks or typing in an address. So instead of typing in "Facebook.com" in your address bar, you'd search for Facebook on Swagbucks, the more you search the more you get. I'm just lazy.

Just thought I'd share since it's AWESOME. I've been using it for a couple years and I've made a fair bit of money from doing it. Not a TON, but who's really going to complain about a free thing that pays you? Hello. Swagbucks almost entirely supports my digi scrap habit.

by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 6:39 AM
Replies (21-30):
momkaribg
by Kari on Sep. 15, 2012 at 10:53 PM
450 points is a 5 amazon card

Quoting tinkerxbell:

how many "swagbucks" equal a dollar?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by Jen on Sep. 15, 2012 at 10:55 PM
I do use it, the searchbar and online shopping racks up my points, i cannot wait to cash them in for a night out for dh an i! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeachMommy07
by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 10:57 PM

It's a toolbar you can download for free. Basically you get a couple of *points* each time you use their toolbar to search for something and you can get the opportunity to win giftcards. Or you can do their special 'promotions/offers' to obtain more points.

Quoting Hottmomma607:

I don't know what that is?

jendawn1
by Silver Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 11:25 PM
Can canadians use it? Ill have to check this out ty
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamivon2
by Sandra on Sep. 15, 2012 at 11:42 PM

I looked into it.. but never got hooked..

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Sep. 16, 2012 at 12:41 AM
Oh! Thanks!

Quoting BeachMommy07:

It's a toolbar you can download for free. Basically you get a couple of *points* each time you use their toolbar to search for something and you can get the opportunity to win giftcards. Or you can do their special 'promotions/offers' to obtain more points.

Quoting Hottmomma607:

I don't know what that is?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lasombrs
by Sara on Sep. 16, 2012 at 12:52 AM

each gift card has a different price. the ones i use and know are 450 points for a $5 gc to amazon.com (and I've managed about $150 in gift cards in a year) and 750 for $5 put into your paypal account

Quoting tinkerxbell:

how many "swagbucks" equal a dollar?

lasombrs
by Sara on Sep. 16, 2012 at 12:54 AM

I think so because their is an option for a US amazon.com gift card or amazon.ca so thats canada right?

Quoting jendawn1:

Can canadians use it? Ill have to check this out ty

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Sep. 16, 2012 at 1:03 AM
I use shopkicks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VisionSeeker
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 7:29 AM

Ooh, thanks for the tip.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)