Any celiacs?

Posted by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 12:30 AM
  • 7 Replies

Ok so just yesterday it hit me that I kept having celiac boughts after eating eggs and some meat and the more milk I drink. So I looked it up and sure enough cows and chicken eats grain that set me off. So I was wonder is there a way to get meet and eggs and dairy that have not been feed these grains or do I need to become a vegetarian?

by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 12:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 3:17 AM

seafood baby

lillucky8
by Jen on Sep. 18, 2012 at 4:07 AM
You should research farms in the area, some do grass fed, as for milk im not sure sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrswillie
by CeeCee on Sep. 18, 2012 at 7:27 AM

seafood

VisionSeeker
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 8:19 AM

My step monster has celiacs but I don't think she has issues with meat.  But I agree with the OP, you need to research where your meat is coming from.  You may have to buy directly from a certain farmer *if they would allow it* that doesn't feed their livestock whatever is setting you off.  Let us know what you find out.

tinkerxbell
by Emily on Sep. 18, 2012 at 8:40 AM

I think chicken would be hard to find, but if you buy local you should be able to find grass fed beef at least... I'm still not sure if I have Celiac or just a gluten intolerance but I haven't had an issue with meat and eggs that I've noticed, but not everyone is the same.

BeachMommy07
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 9:33 AM

No I am not celiac. 

mereinhart28
by Michelle on Sep. 18, 2012 at 10:06 AM

not sure, sorry~!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: