Its not like the good ol days

Posted by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 2:57 PM
  • 14 Replies

are your kids having a better childhood than yours?  My childhood was spent as a "navy brat" and I actually enjoyed the traveling, but the bases we lived on were safe so we got to go where ever we wanted, my kids don't get to so for that reason I will say no, I had it better.

by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 2:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gabbysmom615
by Kira on Sep. 18, 2012 at 3:01 PM

some ways yes as far as having materialistic things oh yes! family wise like being around family memebers and having the chance to get to know them no

Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Sep. 18, 2012 at 3:14 PM
I had it much better! We spent all our time outside with other friends. My son spends a lot of time with me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
delanna6two
by Gold Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 3:15 PM

It could be better...

suziejax
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 3:24 PM

nope

SweetLuci
by Luci on Sep. 18, 2012 at 4:35 PM

My grown kids had it much better than I did as a kid, but as young adults, married and in the working world, they have it harder than I did, though they're better off financially than I was at their age.

Rushn311
by Ruby Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 4:56 PM

I think I did to be honest. Yes my kids have more cooler toys but I was outside more for hours because it was safer. I would ride my bike all day or go swimming all day....my kids can't do that.

proudmommy690
Moving...Hate moving! But can't wait to!!
Yesterday at 3:26 PM
by Christa on Sep. 18, 2012 at 5:06 PM
so far they seem to be having my childhood :( i dont like it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Leeshamak
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 5:07 PM

I think ours was better... I think its awful that our kids are in front of screens all day:/ I try to make sure they aren't, but even at school they are... its sorta sad...

Sophie4910
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 5:11 PM
No.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Sep. 18, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Some ways yes, some ways no. My husband and I are still married and all 6 are ours together, where my parents were divorced. I had to go to school, where I let my kids chose to go to public or homeschool. I was able to ride my bike all over town, where my kids can't. But I hardly ever went camping, my kids love to go camping. I never lived on a working ranch, where my kids have been on round ups,done haying,given immunizations to the animals, help shear sheep,milk goats and take care of bummer lambs.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: