Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Party Appetizer Ideas?

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 4:55 AM
  • 17 Replies

what are some simple appetizers for a kids party?

by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 4:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Fields456
by Silver Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 4:58 AM
Are u on Pinterest if u are look there if not let me know pm me your email addy and ill send u an invite
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Leeshamak
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 6:12 AM
Does the party have a theme? If it does, look up the theme on pinterest. I just did a luau almost 2 weeks ago, they had some adorable ideas! We ultimately just put out fancy flowery picks for fruit and had lots of pineapple themed dishes. Even if it's a character birthday, like Elmo, you can find a "sub-theme", like Elmo's goldfish, that will lead to more good party ideas;) I like better homes and gardens website for ideas too. They had the bright idea for a "hula" hooping contest, which I got 10 hula hoops at the dollar store- the kids loved that!
mrswillie
by CeeCee on Sep. 20, 2012 at 6:45 AM

Homemade chex/trail mix...

pretzels, 2 kinds chex cereal, raisins, nuts and candy or choice according to season. (Colored M&Ms, candy corn etc)

Veggies and dip

Peanut butter, babana and rasin rollups

lasombrs
by Sara on Sep. 20, 2012 at 7:01 AM

we do fruit platters

mereinhart28
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 7:22 AM

depends on the theme. My daughters bday is near Halloween, so we always do a Halloween type party. 

Rain2Rinse
by Gold Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 7:58 AM
When is her birthday?

Dds is the 15th, and ive always made sure to stay away from Halloween themes. Jut curious...

Quoting mereinhart28:

depends on the theme. My daughters bday is near Halloween, so we always do a Halloween type party. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bwsmommy
by Platinum Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 7:59 AM
Yes Pinterest is amazing when it comes to food !!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mereinhart28
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 8:12 AM

the 26th

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

When is her birthday?

Dds is the 15th, and ive always made sure to stay away from Halloween themes. Jut curious...

Quoting mereinhart28:

mereinhart28
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 8:15 AM
1 mom liked this

when she was little we did girlie themes, but 2 years ago she wanted a Halloween party, she had so much fun she has asked for it that way every year. We do spooky/kid decorations (nothing too scary) and her friends come in costume. 

One year we painted pumpkins and they got to take them home, we also had them build their own mini scarecrow. 

I'll do a spooky type punch, (idea off pinterest) mummy dogs (cresent roll wrapped hot dogs, but cut into strips so it looks like the hot dog is a mummy) and then I always make her a spooky type cake, last year was a haunted house. 

Quoting mereinhart28:

the 26th

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

When is her birthday?

Quoting mereinhart28:

keeckhardt
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 8:23 AM
Pizza pinwheels, pretzels with m&ms and Hershey kisses melted on them, pigs in a blanket, relish tray, fruit kabobs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)