Group Home

My heart broke a little today..

Posted by   + Show Post

While getting my daughter's school snack ready, my 5 year old said, "Mommy, I'm the only one in my class who doesn't get I love you napkins"....... :( I felt terrible!!! I always said I couldn't wait for her to start school so I could give her little notes, but it's something I totally forgot about!!!!! So, I wrote "I LOVE YOU" with a big heart ,I made the O into a smiley face, and I even gave her a sticker lol. Luckily she doesn't seem to understand it's the parents writing the messages because she was all like, "Where do we buy I love you napkins"? Lol. I can only hope she will be excited when she opens her snack today and sees that she has one too. I think I'm going to use a washable marker and start writing messages on her snack container that way it will be a little more unique.

by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 11:24 AM
Replies (41-50):
KristinRox
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 9:52 PM

LOL.. while Im sure she would love that.. it might  be a tad too much :0)

Quoting Luvmybooskies:

Would it be too much if I stuffed a bunch of "I love you" helium balloons in her bag, so they fly out when she opens it?

Quoting KristinRox:

LOL... youll be an I love you note superstar! 

Quoting Luvmybooskies:

Yeah, I will definitely look for the cute shapes next time I go to the store. I am gonna rock this note giving now! Lol.

Quoting KristinRox:

I like the little flower ones and the rainbow ones you can buy... spices up the "i love you" note a little bit. 

Quoting Luvmybooskies:

I did just buy a pack of Post it notes, that's a good idea :)

Quoting KristinRox:

That sounds like a great idea. A friend of mine has post it notes in different colors and shapes and she puts little notes on those. I sometimes just use a sharpy, and write a little something. 

JOIN US ON:

Luvmybooskies
by Tiff on Sep. 20, 2012 at 9:53 PM

What a douchebag! Good thing he's your ex right? LOL. I used to write my hubby notes and put them in his lunch or sneak them in his bag while we were dating and he was visiting me (he was living in a different state). 

Quoting jedwards2009:

Awww. I did that for my Exdh once. He opened his lunch in the morning, saw the note and said "really?" And threw it away :(. Men suck. But I'm sure your dd loved it!!

Luvmybooskies
by Tiff on Sep. 20, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Haha, yeah I guess I should stick with the post its. 

Quoting KristinRox:

LOL.. while Im sure she would love that.. it might  be a tad too much :0)

Quoting Luvmybooskies:

Would it be too much if I stuffed a bunch of "I love you" helium balloons in her bag, so they fly out when she opens it?

Quoting KristinRox:

LOL... youll be an I love you note superstar! 

Quoting Luvmybooskies:

Yeah, I will definitely look for the cute shapes next time I go to the store. I am gonna rock this note giving now! Lol.

Quoting KristinRox:

I like the little flower ones and the rainbow ones you can buy... spices up the "i love you" note a little bit. 

Quoting Luvmybooskies:

I did just buy a pack of Post it notes, that's a good idea :)

Quoting KristinRox:

That sounds like a great idea. A friend of mine has post it notes in different colors and shapes and she puts little notes on those. I sometimes just use a sharpy, and write a little something. 

critter_boo
by Sarah on Sep. 20, 2012 at 9:56 PM
Aww use a dry erase marker if u. Use Rubbermaid or like container
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luvmybooskies
by Tiff on Sep. 20, 2012 at 9:59 PM

That's a good idea. Not only do I have a dry erase marker, but I actually know where it is lol!

Quoting critter_boo:

critter_boo
by Sarah on Sep. 20, 2012 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Haha my dd and son and I wrote notes for hubby while he was gone for two weeks . He had them in a shorts pocket in every pocket of hi luggage along with little treats hidden lol

Quoting Luvmybooskies:

What a douchebag! Good thing he's your ex right? LOL. I used to write my hubby notes and put them in his lunch or sneak them in his bag while we were dating and he was visiting me (he was living in a different state). 

Quoting jedwards2009:

Awww. I did that for my Exdh once. He opened his lunch in the morning, saw the note and said "really?" And threw it away :(. Men suck. But I'm sure your dd loved it!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
critter_boo
by Sarah on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:04 PM
Haha

Quoting Luvmybooskies:

That's a good idea. Not only do I have a dry erase marker, but I actually know where it is lol!

Quoting critter_boo:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:33 PM
Aww how sweet!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SammiBaby
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 1:09 AM

awww how sad! lol That's so cute though. I've been meaning to do this but I just keep forgetting.

mamamiajk
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 9:33 AM

AWWWE. I used to do that for all my boys! I'm sure she'll love it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. egyptian_mommy
  2. SweetLuci
  3. BeachLifeMama
  4. proudmommy690
  5. Janet
  6. jconney80