Group Home

Madison Avenue Mom

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 39 Replies

Ah, Madison Avenue!  20 city blocks lined with chic boutiques and some of the most luxurious names in fashion.  But if you're like me, and not exactly in the market for a $5,000 pair of alligator skin evening shoes or a $30,000 platinum watch strap, rest assured – We are living in an age of 'Fashion Democracy' —and we're never going back!!

It's fascinating to think about how much fashion has changed over the last few decades.  It used to feel like the only way one could achieve a high-fashion look was by going to places like Madison Avenue and forking over the equivalent of a down payment on a house (which, by the way, is insane).  

But with the advent of things like the Internet, the rise of large-scale retailers, and society finally coming to its senses (somewhat), today’s fashion has become more accessible than ever.  

The Result:  Retailers like Kmart have the ability to take style cues from the world of 'high fashion' to create on-trend, quality clothes that people can actually afford.  Even sweeter, now anyone can transform their wardrobe and look 'Madison Avenue-chic' no matter how big their bank account!  And no one is the wiser ;)  

Check out our Madison Avenue Look below, exclusively at Kmart (and at Kmart prices!).  We think it screams 'Effortless Style' (which is a welcome change from my own screams when I think about anyone spending $30,000 on a watch strap).

Shop this Look!

Bongo Dolman Top   Attention Capri Pants   Sofia by Sofia Vergara Sandals   Attention Basket Weave Bag   Sofia by Sofia Vergara Watch

For more Fashion Finds and Style Tips check out kmart fashion!

TELL US!  WOULD YOU WEAR THIS LOOK?  WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE PIECES?!

by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Sep. 24, 2012 at 1:14 AM
No way. I like the sandals tho.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mereinhart28
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 6:42 AM

I love the top. I'm not one to wear white pants though.....

Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Everything except the white pants.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Sep. 24, 2012 at 1:18 PM

I would love it, especially the top.

VisionSeeker
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 1:59 PM

love it...I love the sweater and the shoes....and thank goodness that's not a $30,000 watch LOL!

Apr1l
by Platinum Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 2:11 PM

I love that chunky knit sweater!  You could make that any style you want, its like a blank canvas and you could add a fitted long sleeve underneath for more warmth

wandep
by Pam on Sep. 24, 2012 at 4:02 PM

I like everything but the pants.

lemonade1
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Love the sandals, now you've got me looking for a similar pair over here in UK!

sidesplittinglaughter

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 4:47 PM

no thanks!  never cared for white, cream or beige before i became a mom.  definately wouldn't do it now with kids.

alayna04
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 4:50 PM

I think if I wasnt a mom of small kids I would wear this or if it was in black the definitely,I would wear the purse and sandals th way they are and the top too just not white pants always do black

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. TheJerseyGirl
  3. sunshinepraying
  4. deccaf
  5. SweetLuci
  6. mrswillie