Do you eat other culture's foods?

Posted by   + Show Post
My kids love Indian and Japanese or Chinese food. My 2 year old begs for masala dosa, which is his favorite food of all (rice crepes with curry potatoes and onions on the inside with coconut chutney on top). My 11 month old loves basmati rice (only kind we eat) and curry goat with lentils. My 9 year old loves sushi and stir fry. My kids should have been born in other countries LOL! No, we are not a part of those cultures.

Hubby and I love island food, Thai, Indian, Cuban, Chinese, Japanese, and German food.

What kind of different foods do you or your family like?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:53 PM
Replies (11-20):
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 11:36 PM
Lol sorry! I love sushi and stuff like honey chicken or general tso chicken

Quoting isell_avon:

Chicken lo mein! Uhhh i want some now!

Quoting jconney80:

I love Chinese food! What's your favorite?

Quoting isell_avon:

Im mexican and eat mexican food almost every day but every friday i by me some chinese food!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by Silver Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 11:36 PM
I love all food
manifer_momma
by Silver Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 11:40 PM
Yep. Italian, Indian, Chinese and German food are all popular in our home;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SammiBaby
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 1:05 AM

We're big on italian, chinese, and mostly mexican. We're big on trying new things though and I'm all about venturing outside of our culture especially with food.

roxxyt
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 1:11 AM
Me too but dh is a meat and potato guy, I try to sneak I'm things but he usually catches it. Lol, I love so many types of food and really miss it

Quoting Fields456:

I love all food
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 1:18 AM
My dh is a meat and potato or Mexican food guy. He also will eat Chinese and Japanese and a few other things. But when I cook it's take it or leave it even for him I refuse to only have meat and potatoes. He is now to the point e wot ask what's in it cause te last time he did he didn't like what I said even though he loved it and had 3 plates before then lol

Quoting roxxyt:

Me too but dh is a meat and potato guy, I try to sneak I'm things but he usually catches it. Lol, I love so many types of food and really miss it

Quoting Fields456:

I love all food

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
roxxyt
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 1:22 AM
Lol I'm getting to that point, don't ask just eat.

Quoting Fields456:

My dh is a meat and potato or Mexican food guy. He also will eat Chinese and Japanese and a few other things. But when I cook it's take it or leave it even for him I refuse to only have meat and potatoes. He is now to the point e wot ask what's in it cause te last time he did he didn't like what I said even though he loved it and had 3 plates before then lol

Quoting roxxyt:

Quoting Fields456:

I love all food

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arthistmom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 1:58 AM

We LOVE Japanese (especially ramen), Chinese (dim sum is our favorite), Korean, Italian, Mexican, Thai, Indian (though our boys haven't had too much Indian yet), Middle Eastern, and, of course, Filipino food.

Fields456
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 2:04 AM
I even have a sign in my kitchen that says. " dinner choices. 1. Take it. 2. Leave it. ". I should add one " don't ask just eat lol "

Quoting roxxyt:

Lol I'm getting to that point, don't ask just eat.

Quoting Fields456:

Quoting roxxyt:

Quoting Fields456:

I love all food

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Starchild84
by Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 2:26 AM
My husband is Chinese, so we eat a lot of Chinese and Vietnamese foods. I've gotten pretty good at cooking them too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: