Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Style: Blazer Versus Cardigan?

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 46 Replies

It's always been around...I remember when they had huge shoulders pads and came in neon colors and we'd scrunched the sleeves up to our elbows (I am so dating myself right now!). We usually see them paired with matching pants, as a suit combo. Made from that odd thick-ish material, in navys, browns and blacks, maybe a pinstripe here and there.

I'm talking blazers, of course.

But hold the buttons, ladies. Have you noticed the blazer has been upgraded, has taken on a whole new look and place in the wardrobe world? Check out the ones at JCrew and Gap and the Loft. Rather different than we are used to, eh? With softer textures (some are knit, kind of t-shirt-y and comfy, others have faux leather sleeves - rockin'!) and cool new cuts (cropped or looser and long), these modern blazers are totally moving from the office desk to the causal weekend brunch table.

Tossed on with jeans, over a basic t-shirt, they are a great alternative to the cardigan, no? I am definitely scouring the sites and stores to see which one I may pick up this fall. Maybe this one I saw on Piperlime? Or this one?

What about you -- do you like the new blazers out there or are you more of a cardigan gal? 

ŠiStockphoto.com/Thinglass

by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Juniper53098
by June on Sep. 25, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Since I'm not in the office anymore, I don't wear either.  But I prefer a blazer if I have to wear one of them.  I like to be more tailored.

crabbyD
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 12:13 AM
I'm definitely a cardigan girl, but I'm not opposed to a nice fitting blazer.

Working in corporate America made me shudder at the thought of blazers, but I'm sure with cute Jeans, accessories and shoes the blazer look would look fab for girls night out!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AstuteMama
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 1:59 AM

I prefer wearing a cardigan vs. a blazer jacket hands down.

bwsmommy
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 4:08 AM
I like my hoodies best of all !! But I'm a stay at home mom that goes to the barn to play with the horses !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gembob
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 5:21 AM
cardigans here :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mereinhart28
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 6:52 AM

cardigan here :)

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Sep. 25, 2012 at 6:58 AM

I have a blazer

TheMrs407
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 7:01 AM

I will not trade my cardigans for anything!!  I seriously have about 20.  I love them!  When compared to blazers, they look more feminine, are more versatile, and more cost effective...which means I can have more!

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Sep. 25, 2012 at 7:44 AM
I definitely prefer a cardigan, and since I've never had a corporate job, that's always worked fine for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VisionSeeker
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 8:13 AM

i love cardigans.  But some blazers are pretty too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)