Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Home: Jazzy Wall Frames

Posted by   + Show Post

A fun decorating question to kick off the week!

Lolabenji339 asks "I am bored with my walls. I have some basic pictures up, a few nice posters, but I want to do something different. Maybe a new paint color? A new wallpaper? I'm not sure. Any ideas?"

As I mentioned a while ago, we did a little redecorating. Nothing huge, moved some pictures around, hung a few shelves and so on. This isn't our "dream apartment" by any imagination, yet it is home. But when I do a little update to our place, it always makes me think about all of the different ways I'd love decorate a room, any room.

This time, I was jonesing on wall art, trying to find out how to make a fabulous statement with posters or pictures or wallpaper -- and I totally fell in love with frame arrangements. You can frame anything. Seeing amazing arrangements of the same or totally mismatched frames, with everything from wallpaper to cool fabrics, ticket stubs to fortune cookie fortunes, people have come up with some amazing ideas (like these over at Casa Cullen).

Or go the total opposite: frame nothing. Head to the thrift store or garage sales and collect a whole variety of frames, different sizes and styles, spray them an awesome color (or black) and create a show-stopping wall arrangement. Very, very cool - see Tip Junkie for a visual.  

These décor ideas are perfect for any space, but I am visualizing them in smaller areas, an entryway, the end of a hallway or to totally fill the bathroom. Tres chic, to be sure.

Do you love using frames in cool ways? What is on your walls -- or what do you wish you had on them? 

©iStockphoto.com/1MoreCreative  

by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-32):
elasmimi
by Ruby Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 7:36 PM

I have pictures on the walls, mostly by Charles Wysocki. ( primitives) I also have 3 brass rubbings that dh and I did ourselves in London, a large doily that my grandmother made for her hope chest over 100 years ago. In the bedroom, framed prints from Atlanta and Birmingham art museums, and a few prints we got in Germany. Somehow it all meshes together into a lot of memories

lasombrs
by Sara on Sep. 27, 2012 at 7:43 PM

I am so glad that casa cullen link does not take you to a picture of the wall of rainbow colored graduation caps from twilight! lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)