I have been a part of this group for a few days now and have failed to be a part of any of the conversations up to this point. The past few days have been a blur of insanity and I haven't had much time at all to sit down and turn my computer on. Wednesday, I had a sick baby all day and landed myself at the pediatrician's office -- that, on its own was exhausting. Yesterday, I worked 2-11 and came home to do some school work and get the house picked back up. It was after 2:00 AM before I managed to get in bed and I had to be right back up at 6:00 to go back to work at 7:00 this morning (on my day off, I might add). I got home, today at just after 1:30 and grabbed a bite to eat. DS was with his MiMi, so I was able to lay down until about 3:30. I woke up to a fussy baby and a very frustrated SO (he is still learning the ropes of parenthood and he hates not being able to understand what LO needs). So, I got up and let LO run around the house while I put dishes away and cleaned up the kitchen and living room. I got some laundry started and laid out some hamburger for dinner, swept the floors, and took the trash out. Now that DS is taking his last nap of the day (we are trying to transition to a new schedule), I have a little time to sit down and kill time before I have to start cooking, at 6:30. So, with that being said, let me introduce myself to the group, since I was rude and ranted before anyone knew anything about me. :-/
- My name is Jessica and I am a 1990s mommy of a little boy, named Christopher(1). Christopher was born on Friday, Sept. 2, 2012 at 7:36 PM after 39.5 hours of labor, ending in an emergency c-section. He was 5.5 weeks early and wieghed 8 lb, 2.5 oz. He is 19 3/4 in. long.
- I have been married and divorced (please, don't judge what you don't understand), and am now in a strong, happy relationship (but there are no immediate plans for marriage).
- I am a college student and I work full time while my SO stays home with DS.
- I am a neat-freak and am all about "Going Green" and staying organized! I live my http://www.flylady.net! She is my lifesaver! (:
- I make my own laundry detergent, fabric softener, baby wipes and cleaners. I hate plastic grocery bags and disposable diapers ( I cloth diaper with the gDiaper system ).
- I love to draw and seeing that SO is an aspiring tattoo artist, I get a lot of opportunity (now, to find the time). I have 2 tattoos right now and am planning for at least 2 more -- I do understand that tattoos are not for everyone but unless you know the story, who are you to judge.
- I hate when people cram that "Well, the Bible says..." crap down my throat. Don't get my words twisted; my grandmother is a preacher and I DO believe in God but in no way am I am "perfect" or "ideal" Christian. I am a believer in my own way and I never underestimate the incredible power of God. Everyone wants to judge and throw out "Well, the Bible says..." knowing good and well that the Bible also states in its own way that you are not to judge unless you are prepared to be judged by the same measures.
- Fall is my favorite season. <3
- I love to cook and bake.
- I am simple and far from the idea of perfection that society has created. I am curvy, I wear glasses (contacts are a pain) and I am absolutely comfortable in my skin!
- if you have questions, please feel free to ask....but don't bash, please. I don't waste my time bashing others because I understand that they may not believe as I do...so I expect the same level of respect!
I am looking forward to getting to know some of you!