Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone have a child that is

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 12:13 PM
  • 50 Replies

deaf or hard of hearing?

by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
starreyedcutie
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 12:13 PM
Not me sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy690
by Christa on Sep. 25, 2012 at 12:33 PM
not me.
but my niece doesn't have hearing in her right ear (i think? maybe its the left) but you'd never know it...shes had the problem since birth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
besosfantasies
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 12:39 PM
bump for more answers :)
mamivon2
by Sandra on Sep. 25, 2012 at 12:41 PM

just by choice..

No I havent.. I would consult with a doctor.. you know I talked to a woman and she said her dd is deaf.. She was born able to hear (now this was like 30 some years ago) and they vaccinated her when she was about 18m old.. and that shot caused her deafness (she wasnt the only one.. 

Good luck

ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Not my kids, but I was born deaf. I am 27 now and able to hear just fine most of the time. After surgeries (not sure what thought) I heard my first sound when I was about 1 or 2 I think. The doctors told my parents it would only last until I was about 14-15 yrs old, then my hearing would start going and I would be completely deaf again. My problem was that my hearing did not develop. 

Godspitgrl
by Nychole on Sep. 25, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Are you glad they did the surgrey?

Quoting ashleymosq:

Not my kids, but I was born deaf. I am 27 now and able to hear just fine most of the time. After surgeries (not sure what thought) I heard my first sound when I was about 1 or 2 I think. The doctors told my parents it would only last until I was about 14-15 yrs old, then my hearing would start going and I would be completely deaf again. My problem was that my hearing did not develop. 

sweetpea1269
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 1:10 PM
My nephew was deaf.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Not me

ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Yes I am. I am able to hear my girls laugh and talk to me. If they wake up during the night, I can hear them. The doctor told my parents the only reason he did it was just to keep me from having problems with my speech. He honestly did not think I would last this long with being able to hear. When I was younger I had a lot of problems though. I had constant ear infections. I have had tubes in and out of my ears more times than I can remember. Finally in about 5th grade I wasn't having to have them anymore. Now only time I have problems is when I get sick. 

Quoting Godspitgrl:

Are you glad they did the surgrey?

Quoting ashleymosq:

Godspitgrl
by Nychole on Sep. 25, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Do you have a form of AN then? Since you were able to have tubes I'm guessing the sugery wasn't for colicular implants (again guessing I know I could be mistaken as i have just know been reading about it all)

Quoting ashleymosq:

Yes I am. I am able to hear my girls laugh and talk to me. If they wake up during the night, I can hear them. The doctor told my parents the only reason he did it was just to keep me from having problems with my speech. He honestly did not think I would last this long with being able to hear. When I was younger I had a lot of problems though. I had constant ear infections. I have had tubes in and out of my ears more times than I can remember. Finally in about 5th grade I wasn't having to have them anymore. Now only time I have problems is when I get sick. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN