Any Damsels in Defense Pros?

Posted by   + Show Post
Hi:) I'm wondering if any of you have any experience with this company? Is it as legitimate as it seems, and do you have many repeat customers? (It seems like they wouldn't need to restock very often.) I appreciate any thoughts or advice, thanks!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 11:46 PM
Replies (11-20):
tinkerxbell
by Emily on Sep. 26, 2012 at 11:01 AM

I'm not sure how much repeat business you'd get in a small town, you're already looking at low crime rates... however I've often thought of carrying something with me while I go for a walk, especially in the woods. You never know when you're going to get attacked by an animal either. Personally in a situation like that I'd rather have something to just scare the animal off with, but if its big enough it might not be so easy to scare... just never know.

Quoting LivinBlessed:

I mentioned the disguised products because I had never heard of them before this company, but they have tons of plain old scare the pants off 'em tasers too! And I'm also concerned about a lack of repeat business, especially living in a small town. But it would be so cool to help women protect themselves while helping out our finances!

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

Never heard of it.

Why the cell phone/lipstick gimmick?mil got a pink taser from sils gum shop. It is bad ass entirely on its own. No need to disguise it.

I would worry about lack of repeat offenders. I mean, how many times will somebody need to buy a taser?

aubsmom09
by Erin on Sep. 26, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Bump, never heard of it.

LivinBlessed
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 12:42 PM
Our crime rate next to nil, but we're only an hour south of Nashville which has it's fair share! There's also several colleges and universities in the surrounding area, so I think I could branch out to those places. One of their products is a keyring with a deafening panic button. I think that or pepper spray could work in case of animal attack. I think I'll be ordering some, even if I don't join!

Quoting tinkerxbell:

I'm not sure how much repeat business you'd get in a small town, you're already looking at low crime rates... however I've often thought of carrying something with me while I go for a walk, especially in the woods. You never know when you're going to get attacked by an animal either. Personally in a situation like that I'd rather have something to just scare the animal off with, but if its big enough it might not be so easy to scare... just never know.

Quoting LivinBlessed:

I mentioned the disguised products because I had never heard of them before this company, but they have tons of plain old scare the pants off 'em tasers too! And I'm also concerned about a lack of repeat business, especially living in a small town. But it would be so cool to help women protect themselves while helping out our finances!

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

Never heard of it.

Why the cell phone/lipstick gimmick?mil got a pink taser from sils gum shop. It is bad ass entirely on its own. No need to disguise it.

I would worry about lack of repeat offenders. I mean, how many times will somebody need to buy a taser?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lasombrs
by Sara on Sep. 26, 2012 at 2:09 PM

never heard of it before today. I personally won't buy because i have special needs children at home i would worry might ever get their hands on it

LivinBlessed
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 4:19 PM
I understand. From what I've read on their website, the women who started it wanted protection but not to have anything possibly lethal in the house with their kids.

Quoting lasombrs:

never heard of it before today. I personally won't buy because i have special needs children at home i would worry might ever get their hands on it

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lasombrs
by Sara on Sep. 26, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Yeah. I just dont think my kids would get not to spray it in their own faces etc. We have to keep everyday cleaning chemicals behind lock and key even. They just dont get it. And if I had it locked away all the time I wouldnt remember to bring it out with me, or forget some day to put it back. Definetly a good idea though! I could see needing it during late nights at hospitals and what not. But dont trust me or my kids enough to actually buy one

Quoting LivinBlessed:

I understand. From what I've read on their website, the women who started it wanted protection but not to have anything possibly lethal in the house with their kids.

Quoting lasombrs:

momma-flynn
by Greta on Sep. 26, 2012 at 5:47 PM

I have never heard of it, but I am not a fan of disguising weapons. That makes it too easy for a child or even adult to mistakenly grab the wrong thing & hurt someone.  

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 6:07 PM

never heard of it

alliesmom112
by Sandy on Sep. 26, 2012 at 10:29 PM

i have never heard of it 

LuvmyAiden
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Marketed the right way it might be a good business. Personally I beleive in a gun over pepper spray but the self defense craze is HUGE with women in this country right now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: