Group Home

Bye bye September & ...... HELLO TO OCTOBER (the wonderful October random post!)!!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post
September went by so fast but we all KNEW October was coming on be the store's started showing the 'Halloween theme'!

So welcome! Come on in & chat it up!
I wonder snow for Halloween or a wonderful warm evening for Halloween?!
Whose kids will look the cutest or the scareiest?!
Will you dress up too?! Or how about the pets too?!

Come come come! Welcome! Chat it up! Laugh, cry, talk, vent about this wonderful new month!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 12:31 AM
Replies (31-40):
MamaJane
by Jane:) on Oct. 1, 2012 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this

3 months would include December so really only 2 months until December.  Less then 3 until Christmas :)

Quoting powow65:

3more months until...... December! (wait did I do the math right?)

Quoting MamaJane:

Woot for October!

MamaJane
by Jane:) on Oct. 1, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Quoting othermom:

Got to worry about the girls birthdays first, they are both about a week before halloween

I have the same thing but with Thanksgiving.  My hubby is Nov 21 and then Cameron is the 22nd (actually Thanksgiving this year) and Courtney is the 25th.  My problems are in getting them reccognized.  When they were young it was so hard to get a party set up for them.  I immagine with Halloween there's more prep work with costumes and such, at least when they are younger.

GaBrIeLlEsMaMa
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this
We also have dds 1st bday this month..We are having a costume party for her bday since its so close to Halloween and DHs family doesnt celebrate Halloween (more than just religous reasons, the kids dont like all the scary stuff associated with it like the decorations and all that, and I have panick attacks a lot so we dont do the whole trick or treating thing..) but they do go to a couple Harvest Festivals at local Churches and get a ton of candy and have fun, but since they love to dress up and my sil and mil are DIEING to dress up we decided a costume party would be great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaJane
by Jane:) on Oct. 1, 2012 at 10:56 AM

That's exactly what we do.  And funny because ours are the 22nd and 25th too but of Nov!  LOL  It's tricky when one is on Thanksgiving like this year because they don't really get to pick the dinner lol.  We did joint kid parites until my oldest was turning 8, but they are boy/girl.  At age 8 she wanted a girl sleepover. After that we started rotating years they got kid parties.  We figured they didn't need a huge party every year.  A couple of times we've done the party in Feb lol.  Poor kids.  At 14 and 12 they are really getting out of parties.  My daughter did ask for a girl sleepover this year when she turns 15.  We'll see when we can squeeze that in ;/

Quoting othermom:

Actually it is not to bad, we are doing a join family party. On their actual birthdays they will get a gift, maybe a cup cake, and get to pick dinner.  Then We will have the family party on the 24th(the girls birthdays are the 22nd and 25th). I will make them each a cake for the party and they will get a few gift. Plus I will be sending cookies to my older daughters class for her birthday.  My girls are going to be 3 and 7 and are still okay with joint parties

Quoting powow65:

(falls to the floor)
Omg! Happy early two birthdays but wow! Your a busy bee!

Quoting othermom:

Got to worry about the girls birthdays first, they are both about a week before halloween

critter_boo
by Sarah on Oct. 1, 2012 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this
I love fall
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
critter_boo
1 mom liked this
I will be cleaning today
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
critter_boo
1 mom liked this
Decorating
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
critter_boo
1 mom liked this
Son has play practice today
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
critter_boo
1 mom liked this
I finished my dd costume
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
critter_boo
by Sarah on Oct. 1, 2012 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. BeachLifeMama
  3. SweetLuci
  4. mom2jessnky
  5. mrswillie
  6. proudmommy690