Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

School Field Trips

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:54 PM
  • 35 Replies

Poll

Question: When my kids have field trips

Options:

I sign up right away to go

I just sign the permission slip

ugh, I hate them, don't ask me to chaperon

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 42

View Results

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SweetLuci
by Luci on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:07 PM

I think it's important to be involved, and it gives me a better idea of the teacher and kids in the class, so I can ask questions later and get the kiddo talking.

fullxbusymom
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:08 PM
Can't I have a 7mo old at home that is still nursing so no field trips for me. I haven't been able to go now for several years as before that my 6yr old was still home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Roo1234
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:09 PM
If i can work it out i will drive if they need drivers. I can't usually take off a full day and with three kids i can't take do for one what i can't do for others.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bwsmommy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:17 PM
I love field trips !! Granted I'm not sure how they will work out this year with a new baby .. But I'll swing it somehow !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaJane
by Jane:) on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:25 PM
I would love to. I can't. They frown on you bringing 2, 3 year olds on the bus with you. I do everything I can after work hours. I'm on the band bus every weekend, selling concessions, washing uniforms, I just can't do during the school day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wingsfan1234
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:27 PM

I put other because if it is something/somewhere that I can also take my 3 yr old I'll do it (even if that means meeting them at the location) otherwise I can't do it

crabbyD
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:41 PM
I sign up to go!

I've been lucky enough to have a very understanding employer. I work at a private school so they absolutely understand. Hopefully my boys will be able to attend my school next year if there's space.... Our admission applications are high and children rarely transfer out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Charizma77
by Carissa on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:14 PM
It depends. Sometimes I sign up, sometimes I don't. Dh likes to go too..so sometimes we take turns volunteering.
tyfry7496
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:28 PM
My sons in high school and they rarely take chaperones. When he was in elementary and middle school, I went on 3 fieldtrips. I HATE fieldtrips. I'm a preschool teacher and fieldtrips are the most stressful time ever. I have to not only keep track of 3 year olds but their parents.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Threes.Company
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:56 PM
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN