Group Home

Smarter Home: Snuggle-Worthy Throw Pillows

Posted by   + Show Post

Every night, before padding off to brush teeth (and floss!) and then crawling into bed, Kiddo and I have snuggle time on the couch. A pre-bedtime snack and some reading (right now: Roald Dahl's James and the Giant Peach), we get under what is affectionately known as the Snuggle Blanket, which is just a really cozy throw blanket. And, a last week, Kiddo turned to me and asked where are our Snuggle Pillows?

We have two pillows on the couch but I wound't really call them snuggly...they are fine, but just don't really encourage cozying up. So I've been on the lookout for some snuggle-worthy throw pillows. Here's what I've found:

Round up the snuggles - These round ones from West Elm, in washed linen are just calling for you to prop your head on them as you watched TV.

(Faux) furry fun - What else calls for cuddles like a furry teddy bear that comes in the shape of a pillow? I love this one from Amazon, and then there's this gorgeous fluffy pillow over at Pottery Barn. Luxe and lovely for snuggles.

Knitted perfection - Think of that super cozy sweater you lovelovelove to wear when its chilly out. Now imagine it's a pillow! This large CB2 pillow is covered in sweater knit and seems perfect for the couch.

Do you have snuggle pillows? What do they look like?

©iStockphoto.com/ makamiński 

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (21-30):
bwsmommy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:21 PM
I love pillows like that !! And I love buying matching throw and pillow sets for the kids !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
inmybizz
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:31 PM

yes..it's big and comfy.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Furry fleece, lt. blue.

elasmimi
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:12 PM

I don't have snuggly pillows, but I do have a wonderful blanket that feels like mink.

dream528
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Every time I sneak a snuggly pillow in the house, my 2 year old finds it and steals it. Seriously, that kiddo has a 'mine, mine, mine' complex!

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:52 PM
L has a pillow pet (fake ones lol) for school his bed and mine
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bether89
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:17 AM

We love our throws at our house.  I always cover up with one when watching tv.

AstuteMama
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:02 AM

No I don't. I don't even own a couch or love seat. I own two lift chairs, and these chairs make it difficult to snuggle in let alone have room for snuggle pillows.

frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:32 AM

I have a fake fur purple square pillow that the cat likes to molest  or dd will steal it for her bedtime reading..  I want to learn how to make a pillow case out of smaller throws to cover regular pillows.

lasombrs
by Sara on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:16 AM

I love pillows!!! I have to have a ton to sleep with them

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. amyjane22
  2. ceciliam
  3. childofgod04
  4. suziejax
  5. mrswillie
  6. SweetLuci