Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has your experience with doctors always been positive? I feel like if u ask questions they seem patronizing. especially if asked for a natural approach to treating something as an alternative to medicine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:53 AM
Replies (11-20):
mamadee1971
by Dionne on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:38 PM

In the case of my doctor and my kid's pediatrician it's been positive, but at the time when my ma had a massive stroke, every "f'in" time I hear from those fools "You know your mother could die at any moment."  Just flat out no sympathy or empathy for my feelings or even my ma's.  Especially this particular one intern, I swear I was about to put his a$$ in the NICU (Neurology Intensive Care Unit) bed,next to my ma, because his brain cells were missing or something.

ColieO
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:38 PM
Not always.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Juniper53098
by June on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:40 PM

I've only had a really BAD experience with 1 dr.  He's not our normal one, though, and I will make sure we never see him again.  I don't trust any dr except our pediatrician.  He believes in holistic medicine.  We don't always agree, but he gives his opinion and respects mine.

gembob
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:41 PM

I never had a problem until I had DS now everytime I see them about him( He is lactose intolreant, had reflux, croup and a number of chest infetcions all before 12 months) I am made to feel like an neurotic 1st time mummy. In fact quite the oposite in each case I was proven correct :-/

Hannahsmommy816
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:04 PM

mine have been mostly positive. love the pedi...so so on the ob/gyn

Aurora-Dove
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:07 PM
I have only had one bad experience.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2jessnky
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:12 PM

I've only had one negative experience and it was with a PA. I complained about her afterward and refused to ever be seen by her again. She no longer works where I go. I wasn't the only one that disliked her.

Otherwise it's been good.

Apr1l
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:33 PM
I agree! near every single one

Quoting EbonySnow:

actually my experience with drs is almost entirely negative. I always get the jerks or the idiots. Almost every dr I've ever had has sucked

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkButterfly66
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:35 PM

I had to go thru 8 doctors before I found the one I have now.  I don't stay with a doctor who is patronizing.  You need to do some phone interviewing and then ask to make an appointment to interview the doctor.  

paknari
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:35 PM
I have always had good experiences but I know not all doctors are like that. I go in-line and research. Also, I have found that doctors who volunteer tend to be better. Mine did doctors without boarders for a year in a third world country. Needless to say he has a really open mind and mixes vitamins and prescription medicine whenever possible. You can look up doctor ratings on line and even read entire profiles.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)