Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Thanksgiving Baby (advice please)

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:02 AM
  • 31 Replies

Poll

Question: Should we have a birthday party on Thanksgiving or have a separate celebration?

Options:

Thanskgiving

Saturday

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 24

View Results

My baby turns 1 on Thanksgiving this year.  I want to invite her grandparents and a few close friends to celebrate with us. At first I was thinking of a separate celebration on Saturday the 24th, but now I'm wondering if I should just have Thanksgiving at my house and celebrate her bday on her actual bday. Our friends probably wouldn't be able to make it, but her grandparents would and there is something special about having it on the actual day. 

What would you do? 

woman_laying_down_while_reading_0071-0810-1617-0647_SMU

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:03 AM
Have a party a week earlier or a week later.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaJane
by Jane:) on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:08 AM
My 12yo has his birthday the 22. And his sister is the 25 lol. So I have a lot of experience :). For a first bday I'd just host t day. As he gets older you may want to schedule a party a few weeks before his birthday because everyone is busy the week before and after.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rose4607
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:11 AM
I would do something special for her on her birthday and presents of course but I would do a party the wk after or before :) Once she gets older you will have to do her parties that way so her friends are able to come.
MamaJane
by Jane:) on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:14 AM
Don't do this lol. Trust me. No one will come.
And yes you'll have to do it later but there's no need to do it for a one year old

Quoting rose4607:

I would do something special for her on her birthday and presents of course but I would do a party the wk after or before :) Once she gets older you will have to do her parties that way so her friends are able to come.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AleaKat
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:17 AM
Let me say this!
My husbands birthday is on thanksgiving and he hates it cause people always just stick a freaking candle in a dessert and call it happy birthday out if convenience even his own mother does it.
Please oh pretty please celebrate it separately , might not be a big desk now but later on it will.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rose4607
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:28 AM
Quoting MamaJane:

Eh if you say so... friends and family would want to come to a 1 yr olds party and it is after the holiday. You might know from experience though..do u have a holiday baby?
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:00 AM

either is fine...

batmansgirl
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:10 AM

My Grandson birthday has fallen on Thanksgiving, and we have celebrated it on another day so he can have his own special celebration.

MamaJane
by Jane:) on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:57 AM
I do! I have 2 thanksgiving babies. I wasn't speaking of family but of friends. You can't do the weekend before or after thanksgiving. You have to go out a bit.

Quoting rose4607:

Quoting MamaJane:

Eh if you say so... friends and family would want to come to a 1 yr olds party and it is after the holiday. You might know from experience though..do u have a holiday baby?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EbonySnow
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:05 PM

I'd do it separately

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)