Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Thanksgiving Baby (advice please)

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Should we have a birthday party on Thanksgiving or have a separate celebration?

Options:

Thanskgiving

Saturday

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 24

View Results

My baby turns 1 on Thanksgiving this year.  I want to invite her grandparents and a few close friends to celebrate with us. At first I was thinking of a separate celebration on Saturday the 24th, but now I'm wondering if I should just have Thanksgiving at my house and celebrate her bday on her actual bday. Our friends probably wouldn't be able to make it, but her grandparents would and there is something special about having it on the actual day. 

What would you do? 

woman_laying_down_while_reading_0071-0810-1617-0647_SMU

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:02 AM
Replies (11-20):
momma-flynn
by Greta on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:35 PM

For a baby so young, I would say do the combo birthday. When she is older, do a seperate party. My dd is close to Thanksgiving & we did her first birthday that day, but we also don't do extravagant birthday parties. My theory was that she won't remember her first b-day but it was more for close family. From her 2nd b-day on up we have always done a party just for her with friends.  

gembob
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:00 PM
we had our DS's 1st birthday party a day early as we knew more people would be able to make it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mes_deux_amours
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:00 PM
Do it the weekend before
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Samanthamommy
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Actual birthday.

rose4607
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:28 AM
Quoting MamaJane:

Awe thats a bummer for the children though. But...on second thought because it is so spaced out it kinda might feel like you get to have 2 bdays!
dusky_rose
by Sue on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:39 AM

I'd celebrate on a different day.

Sue ~ Head Admin
~ D.V. Survivor/Admin

jendawn1
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:42 AM
This my dd's birthday is 9 days beforE chirstmas we celebrate the party part a week earlier. And then just us on her day

Quoting lil_mama06:

Have a party a week earlier or a week later.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kkkaaayyyy
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:42 AM

I'd have two seperate events! Eating turkey makes people tired and may down the party.

lasombrs
by Sara on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:06 AM

I'd do both. family party on thanksgiving, friends get together on Saturday

jakesmom323
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:12 AM
My son is born on the 21st which is that Wed and will be on Thanksgiving in two years. Last year I had two different parties at each side of the family's dinner. Did not like that at all. It was stressful and won't do it again.
Im having his bday party that weekend before this year and whomever can't come can't come and that just fine with me. His dad is a store manager and has to work black Friday weekend so it messes up a lot of stuff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN