Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who is more protective?

Posted by   + Show Post
Today at my daycare, DD got bit on the face. We were all playing in the play area and she started screaming. I looked up to find a child's arms around her head and his face against her eye. He drew blood in 3 places. I was upset but know biting and hitting happens when kids don't know how to communicate. My DH was so irate he told me that he didn't want the kid coming to our home again. Daddy bear was much worse than momma bear. I'm shocked because he is a very calm person, I'm the one that should have been a red head!
So who is more protective, Momma Bear or Daddy Bear?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:24 PM
Replies (41-46):
keeckhardt
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:22 AM

MM 24 hours later

Cheesing it up at 6:30 am!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Me.

othermom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:37 AM

We both can be very protective, it just depends on the situation. I wouldn't want the child around my kid again who bit them hard enough to draw blood

LifeCafe42
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:40 AM
It's just me so I'd say me :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaJane
by Jane:) on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Exactly!  And you will at some point.  It sucks!  (I've done day care for 15 years and through 3 of my own kids)

Quoting keeckhardt:

I was thankful that it was my kid that got bitten. May sound off, but it would have been much harder if I had to call a parent and tell them their child got bitten.

Quoting Juniper53098:

This is us, too.  I run an in home daycare, so my daughter has gotten bitten a few times by other kids.  I've just always been thankful that she didn't do the biting ever.  DH is pretty calm, too, but he did get upset that she was getting bitten.

Quoting MamaJane:

You work with kids, you know.  That's why you had a different reaction.  When one of my kids got bit (And they have many times) I was just relieved that it wasn't my own who had bit.  Usually this understanding comes with time. And I'm sorry for your little girl.  That made me cringe.  Face injuries are the worst.

I think Tom and I are about equal, however like you 2, I think I have a better understanding then he does.

alliesmom112
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Momma Bear in this house. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN