Group Home

Cold cream for acne?

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:14 PM
Sue
  • 31 Replies

I just read in another post about using cold cream, so I did some research on it and found out that some use it for mild acne, because it helps remove the plugs from your skin. Do any of you ladies use cold cream or have you ever? If you have, how did you like it? Do you have any recommendations for brands?

I am considering using it with a witch hazel toner afterwards as a part of my skin care routine. Thanks for your replies!

Sue ~ Head Admin
~ D.V. Survivor/Admin

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:23 PM

My g-grandmother used it for keeping the wrinkles looking soft. She said she was too old for them to actually disappear (in her 70s).  I use honey for acne and i want to try a yogurt/honey mask one of these days but cant find a good recipe for it.

**ETA**  If i remember right the cold cream was Ponds brand  or Dove.

dusky_rose
by Sue on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Thanks for replying. I have been looking into Ponds, but found out that they recently changed the formula for it. So if I get it, I have to look for the classic version. Good luck on your search for your honey/yogurt mask recipe!

Quoting frndlyfn:

My g-grandmother used it for keeping the wrinkles looking soft. She said she was too old for them to actually disappear (in her 70s).  I use honey for acne and i want to try a yogurt/honey mask one of these days but cant find a good recipe for it.

Sue ~ Head Admin
~ D.V. Survivor/Admin

frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:32 PM

haha called my dad and he says she used Nivea to his best recollection.

Quoting dusky_rose:

Thanks for replying. I have been looking into Ponds, but found out that they recently changed the formula for it. So if I get it, I have to look for the classic version. Good luck on your search for your honey/yogurt mask recipe!

Quoting frndlyfn:

brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't have acne so I don't know. Hope it works for you.

dusky_rose
by Sue on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:37 PM

Thanks! Nivea is one I need to do more research on.

Quoting frndlyfn:

haha called my dad and he says she used Nivea to his best recollection.

Quoting dusky_rose:

Quoting frndlyfn:

Sue ~ Head Admin
~ D.V. Survivor/Admin

frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I also use L'oreal Daily Moisturizer with spf to help my dry skin during these months.  It really does help decrease acne break outs since it helps the body maintain a barrier w/o producing more oil.

wandep
by Pam on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:12 PM
1 mom liked this

No, I have never heard of that one before. I hope it works for you. Let us know later if it does. I might want to try it.

angieluvsolivia
by Angie on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Apparently I do use it.  I use Noxzema.  Have for years and yes it helps with acne.  I've never had bad skin but, it helps curb breakouts for sure.

BeachMommy07
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:20 PM

I'm not sure but I may take up your advice and try this cold cream!

Aislinn
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:22 PM

I use Coconut Oil. It is really awesome and works really well. It is freaky smearing oil on your acne, but it works. Do some research online! Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. aneela
  2. Vertical15
  3. mrswillie
  4. ceciliam
  5. deccaf
  6. SweetLuci