Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How did You decide on your child's name?

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:50 AM
  • 22 Replies
How did you decide on your child's name?
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamadee1971
by Dionne on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:56 AM

My kid's father and I have decided, if our baby is a girl that I would nname her and if the baby is a boy, that he would name him.  And that is exactly what happened.

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:37 AM
Named after family and friends. 1 is named after my dh's cat from a long time ago. 2 are named just because ww liked the name.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AleaKat
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:42 AM
Caleb Joseph- first name hubby and I both went through a baby names book, made individual lists and then narrowed down to one we both liked.
Middle name is both mine and hubby's grandfathers names so we killed two birds with one stone plus it allows is to call him CJ later on if we choose.
Brent Matthews- hubby wanted to name out second boy after his father but his dads name is Alan and I didn't like it so we compromised and used his dads middle name Brent
Middle name is my grandmothers maiden name
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2jessnky
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:48 AM

DH and I chose together. Both girls have a family name, and a name from Superman.

inmybizz
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:06 AM

Hubby picked the first name, i picked the middle...

MommyCulp4
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:10 AM
All my children have a family name in their name whether its there first or middle or both in my third child's case. And then the other name is picked based on it's meaning. I do not believe in naming a child a name without a good meaning.
wandep
by Pam on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Son's name was chosen after grandfathers. Daughters name I had already picked out before she was born but mom didn't like Savannah first. So I changed it to Emily Savannah. :) My son's name is William Laurence.

bizzyx4
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:00 AM
#1- my sister chose his name and his middle name is after my brother.
#2-we had to change his first name after SIL stole our original name. His middle name is after dhs uncle who passed away.
#3- her name is soles her own. We each picked a name from each letter of the alphabet and if one matched we used it. The L name was a match!
#4- was a text typo. I meant Canyon, said Cannon instead and we loved it!! His middle is after my dad!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:10 AM
I found Landon here on cm in my ddg I really wanted Oliver but the father didn't like it said it was sissy. Andrew is after my grandma Anne and sister Andrea
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EbonySnow
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:45 AM

several years before I ever got pregnant I had a dream where I had a daughter named Alyssandra. I had never heard that name before and I just loved it so thats what I named her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN