Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's Sunday! Did you go...?

...to church, temple, etc?

Are you a religious person?  If so, what religion do you follow?  Do you regularly go to a church or temple (or whatever you call it for your faith)?  Did you go today?

Michelle, mom to Lucy, Henry and Charlie

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:55 PM
Replies (31-40):
AstuteMama
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:13 PM

You are welcome! I hear you there if I lived so far out of the way I wouldn't want to make any trips into town, when some else was already going into town anyway. I hope you enjoy the Living Hope Church website and their service.

Quoting lil_mama06:

Thank you. I'll check it out. And since dh is in town everyday anyway he does the majority of the grocery shopping/picking up odds and ends. I hate to have him do it, but it just doesn't make sense for me to drive into town also. 

Quoting AstuteMama:

Wow! That is a lot of money to spend on fuel. I hope you guys are able at some point to move closer to town, so your husband doesn't have to spend so much money on fuel to get to and from work, plus the trips to go grocery shopping and other errands that occur during the month.

Until you are able to attend a church again, and if you are interested you should check out www.livinghopechurch.com they have a live feed of their services. Saturday at 6:00 and Sunday 9:00, 11:00, and 1:00. I hope that you have a fantastic Sunday.

Quoting lil_mama06:

Nope. Used to go to church, but moved to another state. Their isn't a sister church near us. We'd have to drive for 2 hours north or south of us. So we don't go right now..If we moved into Roseburg, that would free up alot of money so we'd travel to church then.(dh spends 600.00 per month in fuel.)   

mamadee1971
by Dionne on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Nope...I'm trying to get over a bad cold and I'm Christian, but more spiritual than religious.

erienne06
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:15 PM
Yes and yes Catholic
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wingsfan1234
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:15 PM

did not go today.. my daughter did... have a sick 3 yr old plus no vehicle but once we get a car we'll be going every week again... until then we watch online ;)

keeckhardt
Yes, we attend church regularly. Going back tonight to cook food for college kids on Monday and to work on a benefit for 2 families whose homes burned down.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
koolkidsmom

When I was a teenager I was there almost all day Sunday, teaching Sunday School, playing the piano.  I got turned off by all the hipocrites, changed churches A couple of times and decided worshiping is between me and God.  

koolkidsmom
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:17 PM

If I had small children it would be a different matter.  I think they should be brought up in a church environment.  I am a christian tho.

A.J.s_mommy
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:17 PM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
keeckhardt
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:18 PM
Oh and I am Methodist.

Quoting keeckhardt:

Yes, we attend church regularly. Going back tonight to cook food for college kids on Monday and to work on a benefit for 2 families whose homes burned down.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mes_deux_amours
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:37 PM
No. Not religious.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)