Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you ever have to wear braces?

Posted by   + Show Post
Did you ever to wear braces? For how long?
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:08 AM
Replies (31-40):
Jules_
by Julie on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:26 PM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dusky_rose
by Sue on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:26 PM

No, but I need braces.

Sue ~ Head Admin
~ D.V. Survivor/Admin

brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:38 PM

No

the3Rs
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:43 PM
Yes. Twice.

I had braces for about 1-1 1/2 years starting in 4th grade followed by a 'permanent' retainer (meaning I couldn't remove it). When they took it out, my teeth immediately shifted to super crooked again.

I waited until college to try again. They pulled all 4 wisdom teeth and another tooth (all the same day) to make room. Wore them for 3 years followed by retainer. Top stayed straight - bottom reverted to the Rocky Mountains again.

I've given up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lasombrs
by Sara on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:34 PM

yes 4 years

SammiBaby
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Definitely not. SO thankful for that. I got blessed with straight teeth and no problems.

boshs1andonly
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:41 PM

yes, i wore them for about 3 years 

taniamorse85
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:14 AM

I wore them for a little over a year in high school, but my parents' divorce prevented me from finishing the full course of treatment.  My mom, brother, and I moved across the country, and the braces either had to be paid in full or taken off before I could leave.  My father refused to pay, and my mom couldn't afford to, so off they went.  I did get a retainer, but both the bottom and the top broke a few months later.  Now, my teeth are as crooked as they ever were, and I can't afford to do braces.  When I can, I plan to get the standard metal ones.  They are the ones I had before, and I had no problem wearing them.

LucyHarper
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Teeth braces, no, my teeth have always been straight thankfully, leg braces, my sister wore them for a year and I almost had to, thankfully didn't end up needing them.

robynlo77
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Yes, for 4 years. I had them removed a few days before my Senior pics

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN