Group Home

Kmart Layaway: No other store can compare

Posted by   + Show Post

When it comes to layaway, no other store can compare.

With layaway available 365 days a year, no minimum purchase, no service fee and even the option to layaway online items, it's clear why Kmart is the best choice for your layaway purchases.

Layaway your purchases at Kmart.com!

What items will you put on layaway?

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (21-30):
lasombrs
by Sara on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:15 AM

thanks for sharing!!

Kelly0818
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:01 AM

I will check it out. I never did put anything in layaway.

Firenygirl180
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:56 PM

If you don't make your payments on time you lose the $5 layaway fee and the $10 cancellation fee.  If you paid in more than that you should get it refunded.  I know, I've had to refund people's money before.

Quoting ForeverInLove:

Last time I looked, they had a time schedule. If you were unable to make all the payments in the time frame, you lost your money. I can't do that.

ForeverInLove
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:00 PM

See, I liked with Walmart, that you paid as much as you could, at least once a month. I can't promise to pay a set amount each week. I get bi weekly money into my account, and sometimes I might not get anything for a full month. 

Quoting Firenygirl180:

If you don't make your payments on time you lose the $5 layaway fee and the $10 cancellation fee.  If you paid in more than that you should get it refunded.  I know, I've had to refund people's money before.

Quoting ForeverInLove:

Last time I looked, they had a time schedule. If you were unable to make all the payments in the time frame, you lost your money. I can't do that.

cowgirls10181
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:02 PM
I did not know that I can use layaway online with Kmart! I believe its time to go shopping for Christmas online! Wonder if online also delivers after its paied for?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Firenygirl180
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:05 PM

K-marts is set up for pay days every other week.  They assume that people will go in on or right after pay day to set up their layaway and then they are supposed to come back every pay day to make their payments.  I have never done a layaway at Wal-Mart but I have worked for k-mart for the last 4 years.  

I have had customers complain that they were told payments were monthly, but it is printed on their receipt when their next payment is due and it is printed in the contract.    It would be nicer if there were bi-weekly or monthly payment options.

Quoting ForeverInLove:

See, I liked with Walmart, that you paid as much as you could, at least once a month. I can't promise to pay a set amount each week. I get bi weekly money into my account, and sometimes I might not get anything for a full month. 

Quoting Firenygirl180:

Quoting ForeverInLove:

Firenygirl180
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:07 PM

I believe you have to pick it up in store.  You put the items in layaway online at a local store and then a store employee goes and gets your items and puts them in layaway.  That's how it was at least when they first started it a year ago.  I work for K-Mart and have for most of the last 4 years but I left last year shortly after online layaway started, plus I'm a cashier and don't fully know how layaway works.

Quoting cowgirls10181:

I did not know that I can use layaway online with Kmart! I believe its time to go shopping for Christmas online! Wonder if online also delivers after its paied for?

mommyof11050307
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:07 PM

Toys r us redid their layaway and you can put any toys on layaway. I'm using theirs this year because our kmart sucks for toys. 

ForeverInLove
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:09 PM

See, I'm not guaranteed a payday.... I don't have a job. It's child support, lol. Oh well though... My mom bought two of his presents (probably going to be from Santa) on her kohls charge, because she gets an additional % off the stuff, and it's free shipping to wherever she ships it to... I guess she's kind of my layaway? lol. 

Quoting Firenygirl180:

K-marts is set up for pay days every other week.  They assume that people will go in on or right after pay day to set up their layaway and then they are supposed to come back every pay day to make their payments.  I have never done a layaway at Wal-Mart but I have worked for k-mart for the last 4 years.  

I have had customers complain that they were told payments were monthly, but it is printed on their receipt when their next payment is due and it is printed in the contract.    It would be nicer if there were bi-weekly or monthly payment options.

Quoting ForeverInLove:

Quoting Firenygirl180:

Quoting ForeverInLove:

Firenygirl180
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:15 PM

That sucks about the child support coming when "it" wants to.  I love Kohls!! 

We had a coupon last year for $20 off a $100 fisher price toy layaway.  Combined with my employee discount we got $150 worth of toys for $105.  We have DS covered until his 2nd birthday in June because of that purchase.  The only thing we still have to buy him for this Christmas is a potty.   

Quoting ForeverInLove:

See, I'm not guaranteed a payday.... I don't have a job. It's child support, lol. Oh well though... My mom bought two of his presents (probably going to be from Santa) on her kohls charge, because she gets an additional % off the stuff, and it's free shipping to wherever she ships it to... I guess she's kind of my layaway? lol. 

Quoting Firenygirl180:

Quoting ForeverInLove:

Quoting Firenygirl180:

Quoting ForeverInLove:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. TheJerseyGirl
  3. sunshinepraying
  4. deccaf
  5. SweetLuci
  6. mrswillie