Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Monday Workout & Kmart Fitness Gear

Did you work out today?  If so, what did you do?

Today I did an hour-long strength session at the gym and burned 450 calories in the process!  Yay!

Did you know you can get a stability ball from Kmart for SUPER cheap??  Under $9!!  These can be used in SO many different ways for strength training!  I use one for a lot of core/ab work and with push-ups.  It's a great piece to have for an at-home workout!  Check it out by clicking on the picture:

Michelle, mom to Lucy, Henry and Charlie

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:04 PM
Replies (21-26):
SweetLuci
by Luci on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:36 AM

I workout for an hour three times a week. I hurt my back last year and it's necessary to keep from having a problem. I use a ball at the therapy center that I go to, so this would be great to have at home. I didn't think of getting one for home. Thanks for posting this. I'm getting one.

critter_boo
by Sarah on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:50 AM
Yep with my back injury and knee surgery last dec. it is working for me

Quoting Threes.Company:

Quoting critter_boo:

I did recstance walking in the pool

Awesome!!!  Great execise choice for limiting joint stress! :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crabbyD
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:52 AM
I burned a total of 670 calories yesterday with my daily walk and insanity session. I didn't give it my all though :/.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:08 AM

Thanks .. here's to a good day for all of us :)

Quoting Threes.Company:

That's great! :)

Quoting hugss:

Good for you on doing what you did,
I walked with my friend today :)

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:29 AM
I take the classes on base! Plus I havs Zumba kinect!

Quoting Threes.Company:

Nice job, mama!  I love Zumba!  I haven't done that in forever! :)  It's so fun!

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Yes!! I did an hour of Zumba!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EbonySnow
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:53 AM

she's 37lbs plus the wagon and magic cards so not quite as much as you pull but it was work lol

Quoting Threes.Company:

Uphill both ways in 10 feet of snow?  ;)  LOL!  Totally kidding!  Reminds me of my parents' storied about walking to school as kids... Hahaha!

That's great!  Good work!  Pulling a wagon really makes a big difference.  We have a wagon with a trailer so when all 3 kids are sitting in it, I am pulling 100+ lbs in children alone... plus the weight of the stupid wagon!!! :)

Quoting EbonySnow:

I walked up to downtown (4 long blocks uphill) pulling a wagon carrying my DD and 10lbs of Magic Cards and then walked home pulling the wagon minus the cards. So that was my exercise today

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)