Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Monday Workout & Kmart Fitness Gear

Did you work out today?  If so, what did you do?

Today I did an hour-long strength session at the gym and burned 450 calories in the process!  Yay!

Did you know you can get a stability ball from Kmart for SUPER cheap??  Under $9!!  These can be used in SO many different ways for strength training!  I use one for a lot of core/ab work and with push-ups.  It's a great piece to have for an at-home workout!  Check it out by clicking on the picture:

Michelle, mom to Lucy, Henry and Charlie

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:04 PM
Replies (11-20):
Threes.Company
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:44 AM

That's great! :)

Quoting hugss:

Good for you on doing what you did,
I walked with my friend today :)

Threes.Company
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Quoting MamaJane:

I had 8 kids in my house for almost 11 hours. So I bet I burned 1500 calories lol.

Hahahaha!  Sounds EXHAUSTING!! :)

Threes.Company
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Uphill both ways in 10 feet of snow?  ;)  LOL!  Totally kidding!  Reminds me of my parents' storied about walking to school as kids... Hahaha!

That's great!  Good work!  Pulling a wagon really makes a big difference.  We have a wagon with a trailer so when all 3 kids are sitting in it, I am pulling 100+ lbs in children alone... plus the weight of the stupid wagon!!! :)

Quoting EbonySnow:

I walked up to downtown (4 long blocks uphill) pulling a wagon carrying my DD and 10lbs of Magic Cards and then walked home pulling the wagon minus the cards. So that was my exercise today

Threes.Company
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Definitely don't cheat!!!  You could do more damage if you don't allow time to properly heal, even though it totally stinks having to miss your workouts!

Quoting mom2aspclboy:

Normally I would on a Monday, but I hurt my back last week & was told by the doc to avoid strenuous exercise for a week. My week is up on Wednesday, though, so I'll be back in the gym then. I was going to ignore doctor's orders and go to the gym this weekend anyway because I miss it, but my back reminded me why I wasn't supposed to...today, however, I felt nary a twinge, so I should be ready to resume normal activities...yay!

Threes.Company
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Quoting critter_boo:

I did recstance walking in the pool

Awesome!!!  Great execise choice for limiting joint stress! :)

Threes.Company
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Nice job, mama!  I love Zumba!  I haven't done that in forever! :)  It's so fun!

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Yes!! I did an hour of Zumba!

AstuteMama
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:02 AM

I didn't workout today.

Flaca43
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:34 AM
I have one...have to get used to it though. DF says it's great to workout with.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrswillie
by CeeCee on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:21 AM

I workout everyday. Yesterday I did step aerobics for 1/2 hour and 90 crunches.

Today, it will be a bit or EA Active and 90 crunches.

wandep
by Pam on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:34 AM

Oh yes, I'll be heading out and doing zumba day at Curves this morning once I drop the kids off at school! :)

Quoting Threes.Company:

Quoting wandep:

I had my mom's meeting which last all morning so I didn't get a chance to workout at Curves today.

It's all good!  Just make up for it another day! :)  Things happen!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)