Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gift Question (wedding related)

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:18 PM
  • 14 Replies

Pretend you're a bride to be, (unless you are which congratulations!), and you're at your bridal shower. What would be your thoughts about a gift of a handmade brooch bouquet?

Back story, a family member of mine that I'm very close to is close to being engaged (he's said already it's going to be happening soon), something I thought would be a really neat and thoughtful idea was to make her a handmade brooch bouquet. She likes them a lot but the biggest issue is that buying premade ones from sellers are HUNDREDS of dollars. However, I know how to make them and would love to make her one. 

I just know don't how a bride to be would respond to the gift. So would you like the gift or not? Please be honest. I can't really give any exact pictures considering each one is special and uniquely different but for those that do not know what they are I'll post a picture of one I've found online.

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bwsmommy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:20 PM
I think it would be pretty neat !!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SammiBaby
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:22 PM

I keep figuring she's going to pay a nice pretty penny for a real flower bouquet that will not last forever. This is someting that she can hold on to forever and even pass down to a daughter if she ever has one.

Quoting bwsmommy:

bwsmommy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:22 PM
I agree it would be a great keepsake !!

Quoting SammiBaby:

I keep figuring she's going to pay a nice pretty penny for a real flower bouquet that will not last forever. This is someting that she can hold on to forever and even pass down to a daughter if she ever has one.

Quoting bwsmommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EireLass
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:57 AM
1 mom liked this

The picture shows as if the bride is carrying it down the aisle. Is this what your person is planning on doing? If not, and that's what they're specifically for, I would consider it an intrusion on her wedding plans.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:11 AM
I think its gorgeous. But I agree witb EireLass if that's not her plans then no.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dusky_rose
by Sue on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:12 AM

That is really pretty, but is it for the wedding? I think that I would give her a gift certificate saying you will make her one for the wedding with her input if so. I'm thinking wedding colors and such.

Sue ~ Head Admin
~ D.V. Survivor/Admin

ColieO
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:13 AM
I'd offer, but keep in mind she may not want it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
periwinkle163
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:14 AM

I think that would be a thoughtful gift even if she doesn't use it for her wedding.

AstuteMama
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:33 AM

I think that is a really great idea. I know if I was a bride to be I would love to get such a thoughtful gift asa handmade bouquet.

Kainalu55
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 5:13 AM
looks beautiful. Not really my taste though. I think you should talk to her and offer to make one then work around her style and colors, etc.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)