Gift Question (wedding related)

Posted by   + Show Post

Pretend you're a bride to be, (unless you are which congratulations!), and you're at your bridal shower. What would be your thoughts about a gift of a handmade brooch bouquet?

Back story, a family member of mine that I'm very close to is close to being engaged (he's said already it's going to be happening soon), something I thought would be a really neat and thoughtful idea was to make her a handmade brooch bouquet. She likes them a lot but the biggest issue is that buying premade ones from sellers are HUNDREDS of dollars. However, I know how to make them and would love to make her one. 

I just know don't how a bride to be would respond to the gift. So would you like the gift or not? Please be honest. I can't really give any exact pictures considering each one is special and uniquely different but for those that do not know what they are I'll post a picture of one I've found online.

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:18 PM
Replies (11-14):
brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:21 AM
1 mom liked this

This and I would ask her or make her gift certificate stating that you will make her one if she wishes.

Quoting bwsmommy:

I agree it would be a great keepsake !!

Quoting SammiBaby:

I keep figuring she's going to pay a nice pretty penny for a real flower bouquet that will not last forever. This is someting that she can hold on to forever and even pass down to a daughter if she ever has one.

Quoting bwsmommy:

I think it would be pretty neat !!

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:17 AM

Quoting SammiBaby:

I keep figuring she's going to pay a nice pretty penny for a real flower bouquet that will not last forever. This is someting that she can hold on to forever and even pass down to a daughter if she ever has one.

Quoting bwsmommy:

I think it would be pretty neat !!

While I like it, I would not just assume it would be used in the wedding. I would discuss that with her prior to making it. That way, if she would like to use it in the wedding, you can make it to her exact specs after all, it is her wedding.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:24 AM

I think it's a cute idea, but if it's not her style or she's got her heart set of a flower bouquet, then it may cause a problem because she'll be afraid of hurting her feelings. I would just ask her.

wandep
by Pam on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:29 AM

That would be cool. I think I would ask someone close to her if they thought she would like the idea before I went to all that trouble making one for her and then she don't like it for some reason tho.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: