Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Style: Style Every Day?

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 41 Replies

Some days I have style to spare: accessories, shoes, outfit, hair, makeup...all exactly right for where I am going and what I am doing.

And some days are, well, today. I wore sweatpants in public! I was up late hitting a big deadline and up early with one of my kids who has decided getting up at the crack of dawn is A-OK. I got makeup on and my hair looked good, but the rest? Let's just say the only difference between me and people who wear their PJs in public was that my outfit did not have bunnies on it.

And you know what? I'm going to argue that sometimes, that's okay. Life happens. If you have a baby under six months and manage to pull together a decent look even once a week, you're awesome. If you are busy with kids, work or volunteer committments, and the rest of your life, then it's ok that sometimes you think first about comfort. Sweats or yoga pants aren't OK everywhere....I wouldn't wear them out to a restaurant (unless it was a coffeehouse/smoothie shop and I had, in fact, just gone to yoga), to a social gathering, or (heaven forbid) to church. But the grocery store and school pickup? Sure.

Everyone has no-style days. Even my most gorgeous friends sometimes do the messy ponytail and the sweats because that's what they have time and energy for. I will always argue that putting some effort into your appearance makes you feel better about yourself. But some days it's effort enough to even get out of your PJs, and that's OK.

What do you think? Do you allow yourself no-style days?

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Juniper53098
by June on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Yes.  I have a pair of Wisconsin Badger lounge pants that I wear when I don't have any kids in my daycare.  Haven't had one of those days in a while, though.

JerseyGirl511
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:26 AM

yes when I'm not going any where and just hanging around the house

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:30 AM
Well unless I am going to the gym!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aqua_Jen
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:40 AM
If I'm staying at home cleaning all day I'll throw on sweats but I'm dressed when I check the mail and when dh comes home. I've never worn lounge clothes as daily wear, even after having babies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamadee1971
by Dionne on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:40 AM

Unless I'm going to a function that requires getting "dolled-up",everyday is casual day.

Flaca43
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes!! I do many days. Especially these days since I have a two week old, a toddler and 3 other children and I haven't been out of the house much in a week!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elasmimi
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 6:52 AM

Every day here is a no style day, lol. I wish I had some sweatpants.

lasombrs
by Sara on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:43 AM

every day is a no style day for me lol

MamaJane
by Jane:) on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:54 AM

For sure!  I almost never go out in yoga pants but my hair always lacks finesse.

Hannahsmommy816
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:59 AM

most days are no style...i have never had a "style"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)